Talk

Advanced search

PARTY IDEAS for 6yo boys AT HOME... <gulp>

(11 Posts)
MrsPlugThePlumber Mon 27-Feb-12 09:48:07

...and please no "you must be mental... cancel immediately" type comments!!!!

I'm thinking a sit-down craft activity... lots of boisterous games, stick them in the garden with a football at the end if it's not raining, food, and send them home!

I could really use some game ideas and handy tips... pass the parcel/musical bumps/statues/etc... and some others....

HELP!!!! (5 days to go!!!)

3duracellbunnies Mon 27-Feb-12 16:22:43

How many boys (approx?) at dd2 5th party the boys made dinosaur houses (plate with a mini tub on) while the girls did fairy houses, that went down well, they then became their 'party bag'. What's the time mr wolf goes down well usually, so does jumping beans. I found a party at home you don't need to entertain them quite as much as you do if they are out as they treat it a bit like a special play date, and do some playing as well as wanting games.

stealthsquiggle Mon 27-Feb-12 21:40:23

Theme?

DVD at the ready for emergencies.

If you have a safe space, give them lengths of pipe insulation (light sabres) and challenge them to keep a balloon in the air using only the light sabre (individually or in teams). And repeat.

MrsPlugThePlumber Tue 28-Feb-12 10:52:43

Jumping beans you say? <googles>

Emergency DVD is an excellent suggestion,
What's the time Mr Wolf... this would work in the garden, thanks...
Have invited 6 - I would love it if they would play, but fear that group wrestling will be more the order of the day,

Thank you for your responses, I will start to formulate my plan!

stealthsquiggle Tue 28-Feb-12 10:57:26

pass the parcel is compulsory

musical chairs would be madness unless you have chairs that you don't love and an ambulance on standby, but musical cushions works well (has to be cushions you don't love, and all shoes removed to reduce foot vs head injuries)

dead/sleeping lions is good for calming things down a bit

chinese whispers gets very giggly (good for keeping them sat at table while waiting for food)

simon says, maybe?

if you have the time/energy to set it up, some sort of relay race always seems to go down well.

Peekabooooo Tue 28-Feb-12 11:15:35

If it's a nice day - sports day type races in the garden.

LikeAnAdventCandleButNotQuite Tue 28-Feb-12 11:33:01

Sharky Sharky:- need open space, with a start line and a finish line. All boys except one line up along the start line. The one boy left is The Shark. He stands in the area between the two lines. He calls "Fishy fishy fishy, come into my sea!" and the others shout "sharky sharky sharky, you can't catch me" then all the boys on the start line have to run to the finish line without being tagged. If they are tagged by the shark, they become Funky Seaweed. This means they stand in the spot they were tagged, and can use teir arms to tag the fishies when they run past. Game coninues over and over til there is one fishy left, who is the winner, and either gets a prize or becomes the shark for the next round.

Evolution:- only works if the lads know "Rock Paper Scissors". Get someone to time, or use a timer for maybe 15 mins. Mark out a playing area on the ground. All lads crouch and bounce around as Amoeba, calling "blob, blob, blob". When they find another Amoeba, they each say hello, then play rock paper scissors. The winner 'Evolves' into a frog. The loser stays as Amoeba. Frog, calling "Ribbit, Ribbit, Ribbit" finds another frog, plays rock paper scissors. Winner goes to an elephant, finds another elephant, doing elephant impressions, loser goes all the way back down to Amoeba and has to find another amoeba to play rock paper scissors. Elephant must find another elephant, who ever wins becomes Man, loser becomes Amoeba again. Man must find another man, and the winner becomes Elvis, The King - stands on a platform or a designated area doing Elvis impressions until another Elvis challenges him to Rock Paper Scissors. The winner is the one who is Elvis when the times stops

Mars Bar Game:- need a dice, a mars bar in wrapper on a plate with a knife and fork, and an assortment of clothing. Boys take turns to roll dice. As soon as a boy gets a six, he must go and put on the assortment of clothing over his own, and using the knife and fork, eat a piece of mars bar. At the same time, all the others are still rolling the dice, and should one of them get a six, they come and take over from the one dressing/eating. Game goes on until the winner is the person who eats the last piece of marsbar.

3duracellbunnies Tue 28-Feb-12 12:38:27

Mini easter/dinosaur egg hunt. Egg and spoon race with cream eggs (outside obviously) - added incentive not to drop them.

Carrol1234 Wed 10-Oct-12 16:28:22

I like "Sharky, sharky", I have played it and the kids really enjoy it. There are lots of excellent kids games at www.kidzpartygames.com including "Sharky, sharky" and "King bunny" -

Everyone stands in a circle. A King Bunny is chosen who puts up both ears (hands above head with two fingers pointed in air). Players next to King Bunny must have one ear up. If King Bunny drops an ear then player next to King becomes King Bunny. If King Bunny points both ears at a player, then that player and players next to him/her became King Bunnies. Player who makes a mistake is out. Last 3 players win.

colditz Wed 10-Oct-12 16:30:18

Biscuit decorations! Give children digestives, icing and sweets. Tell yen to decorate a.biscuit. takes ages and pleases all

PropositionJoe Wed 10-Oct-12 16:35:07

Grandmither's footsteps (why does sodding autocorrect not get that?)

Flap the fish - two teams each with one large fish cut out of newspaper, each person flaps it to the end on the room using a folded newspaper then the next in the team has a turn. First to finish all the lengths wins.

Jump on the bubble wrap sheet, 30secs per person burns off some energy.

Pass the parcel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now