Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baking parties. Please help- opinions needed!

(4 Posts)
mummylovesnancy Fri 14-Oct-11 20:25:53

Hi! Busy mummy of two and baking cakes for a living at my parents coffee shop just outside of sheffield here (and I'm new to mumsnet!).
I've had what I think is a wonderful idea- baking parties for kids!
The kids would come into the shop at 5/6pm after closing(a group of up to 8 over 4s) and bake their own little batch of cakes, play games and eat sandwiches while they were in the oven/cooling then decorate them and take them home in a pretty little package.
I need to know if:
A) Anyone else thinks this is a good idea
B) Anyone would do this for their child's birthday/special occasion
C) Anyone knows of any other parties like these in the area
D) How much people would be willing to pay?
Your help/advice/two penneth would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks thanks smile

cece Fri 14-Oct-11 20:31:11

I have doen similar at home and it went down very well with a group of 10 9 year olds. Good luck.

mynaughtylittlesister Fri 14-Oct-11 20:38:18

I did this with my DD for her 10th Birthday. All the girls loved it and had a fab time. I bought each girl an apron and they all had there own mixing bowl and ingredients (I borrowed the bowls from a local primary sch). Each child took home her own cupcakes decorated. While cup cakes were cooling they made a box to take them home in. Very busy party but everyone enjoyed it and it was talked about for ages. smile

I think it would be a great idea if you have the time and space to do it. Would def put an age/number limit and also make sure that a few mums were willing to help as it can get very hectic - and I had measured all ingredients out ready.

mummylovesnancy Fri 14-Oct-11 20:55:17

Ah thanks, ladies, very much!
I know it's something my daughter would love to do with her friends and hopefully they'd like it too and book a party of their own.
Great idea, measuring everything out beforehand. Thanks for that one.
I just thought it would be lovely to add something different to the pot that is children's parties. I've had enough clowns and soft play areas to last me a lifetime!
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now