Talk

Advanced search

Birthday Parties

(10 Posts)
Seagull Sun 26-Oct-03 21:50:27

Help! I'm looking for suggestions for my 7 year old boy's birthday party. If you can offer any ideas in the NW London area or thereabouts...
Thank you

hana Sun 26-Oct-03 22:09:43

what about watching a movie/dvd and then making mini pizzas afterwords, where they get to make up their own with toppings, cheese ect. Did this when I was little ( although I am a girl) and always lots of fun. hope you get some good ideas here
hana

survivour Wed 29-Oct-03 09:45:11

This year my 7year old had a bowling party at Llyods in Enfield. We have also been to a swimming party. Clown Town, involves soft play areas. UGC cinema, get to see the projection room, a film, games, and something to eat. Prices are between £6.75p to 10.95p per child, most have a minimum of about 10kids weekdays and 12kids at the weekend. We have had a lot of parties!!!!!!!

codswallop Wed 29-Oct-03 09:48:00

swimming?

Twinkie Wed 29-Oct-03 10:36:35

Message withdrawn

kmg1 Wed 29-Oct-03 20:18:00

Have other people had swimming parties for boys? What age children? I'd love to have a swimming party one year for my boys - but am not sure I'd want the responsibility for 6 or 7 yr-olds - not all children can swim. But much older don't they go really crazy and wild in the pool?

kayleigh Wed 29-Oct-03 20:29:01

We had a bowling party at the Hollywwod Bowl at Finchley Warner Cinema complex for ds1's 5th birthday. The kids really enjoyed it. For £9.50 per child they provided everything including food, invitations and decent(ish) going home presents. All I had to take was a cake and the kids.
I was also quite impressed with the way they provided a party "helper" who helped the kids bowl, talked to them while they were waiting for parents to turn up etc. Worth the money.

janh Wed 29-Oct-03 20:38:41

kmg, we haven't given a swimming party at that age but my kids have been to them - usually the pool will provide lifeguard cover, and for a younger children's party they use the shallow learning pool, not the main one - does your local pool have one of those?

Supervising the changing room would be my biggest dread!

We have had a swimming party for older children at a leisure pool - that was very popular (came home for tea afterwards though).

thirtysomething Wed 29-Oct-03 21:23:50

Is he into football? Leisure centres often do good football parties for around 15-20 kids and some (not premiership!) football clubs also offer birthday parties where they show the kids around the stadium and let them have a kick about. Swimming seems to work well at 5years plus but you may need quite a lot of adults to stay and supervise (pools often stipulate one adult per child...) Pizza Express also do good parties where they let each child make their own pizza - alternatively if you are brave you could hire a hall and organise your own multi sports party with basketball and football and cricket and divide them up into teams - I have known this work well but depends how rowdy the kids are!

Seagull Sun 02-Nov-03 15:42:12

Thanks for all the advice.
Have ended up booking a sports party at King Alfred School. Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: