Talk

Advanced search

wow factor or little extra special things

(8 Posts)
mrsmerryberry Wed 05-Oct-11 22:24:05

Hi all, I want to pick your brains, thinking back to parties your lo's have been to, can you recall any things that the parents/party host had done to make it different or special?

I can recall the time when chocolate fountains were a real winner at parties, but I am particluarly interested in kids parties. Perhaps unusual party bags, or entertainment, decorations, things left on tables for each child or food etc.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.
Thanks

jowa123 Fri 07-Oct-11 07:55:34

I know it sound silly but my little girl, Charlotte, went to a birthday party last week and as a little party gift she got one of those puzzle erasers.

I looked it up, they are called officialy iwako erasers www.iwakoerasers.co.uk/iwako-cats/ and are reasonably cheap.

Anyway she got one of these erasers, a cute little yellow cat, and absolutly loves it, I dont think she has yet left it alone. The rest of the girls have it in their pencil case at school and play with them during playtime.

I think it was a very unique but affordable present that they ultimately love.

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Sun 09-Oct-11 14:36:56

We always do the personalised lolly/kitkat wrappers, get them on ebay for a few £ for 20 any character and thanks for coming to X's birthday.

mrsmerryberry Mon 10-Oct-11 23:23:45

How lovelly, I've looked both ideas up and they are very different. The erasers are something else, I've not seen anything like them before, in all different shapes and sizes. The wrapper idea is I think very special also.

Thanks to you both for this.

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Tue 11-Oct-11 10:23:07

No problem, I got very carried away once and had lolly/kitkat and a bookmark with a £1land or cheap book for a 'partbag' ebay is fab for personalised party stuff

sharron37 Tue 11-Oct-11 12:59:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

thesurgeonsmate Tue 11-Oct-11 13:08:31

I can still remember from one of my own early parties that my Mum pinned up little cones of paper on the wall for each child that you went to put your prizes in after each game, and then got to take away at the end. Being my Mum she'd have made sure that everyone won similar ratios of gifts and smarties to make the whole thing pan out to give well-balanced party bags. This might be no small amount of work, I now realise. But even at the time I was well impressed.

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Tue 11-Oct-11 14:28:56

That's a really good idea thesurgeon might try that next year at ds, some people are just naturally good at parties, your mum must me one of them smile

I'm guessing sharon was tryin to advertise again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now