Talk

Advanced search

help!

(7 Posts)
isabellarockerfella Tue 04-Oct-11 22:20:21

I have just provisionally booked a party for my DD's 6th birthday but only 25 children are included in the price, I can pay extra for more children but money is quite tight and there are 30 children in her class plus an extra 2 that I need to invite. They are a few that she is not bothered about inviting but I feel really mean excluding 7 children out of 30. What should I do?

Toobluntforboss Tue 04-Oct-11 22:26:19

I personally would invite everyone as would hate the thought of my child being 1 of the 7 excluded. However it seems ridiculous to pay for a party if you can't afford it so not sure what you can do really.

HuwEdwards Tue 04-Oct-11 22:27:57

Keep the number small enough so that it's not just a few children who feel excluded - say 12 (+ the extra 2). Just because 25 are included in the price doesn't mean you have to invite 25 - specially as your DD is not bothered about a few of them.

isabellarockerfella Tue 04-Oct-11 22:34:54

It may seem ridiculous to you but im not going to go into debt over it - its just tight and having to pay an extra £5 per head makes things even tighter. Kids from her class have had parties there and she's not always been invited so its swings and roundabouts really. Also I dont really see the point in only inviting 12 kids, its like paying for a full trolley of shopping and then only taking half of it home.

HuwEdwards Tue 04-Oct-11 22:40:26

Well why ask then? you clearly have 2 options with the party you've chosen, but you don't want to pay the extra and you don't want to reduce the numbers so as not let a handful of kids down.

Presumably then, you want someone to say 'that's fine, don't worry about the 7'

Well you may wait some time.

isabellarockerfella Tue 04-Oct-11 22:43:01

Ooooh! Nice, just wanted some advice that's all. Cheers!

Toobluntforboss Tue 04-Oct-11 23:02:27

You have been given advice so it's up to you to take it or not. I would simply reiterate again how you would feel if the vast majority of your daughters class were invited to a party and she was one of the very few who weren't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now