Talk

Advanced search

Daughters 7th birthday party, Pamper party Theme! Help!

(12 Posts)
zoelikesjam Fri 30-Sep-11 13:52:16

My Daughter will be 7 in three weeks, and she wants a pamper party. We have arranged to have a pink limo pick the girls up after the party and left them enjoy a drive around in style. But its the party I am stuck with!
I will have 6 little girls, and I will be doing the party myself(With hiring the Limo, we can't afford to hire someone to come out and do it)

I am just sort of stuck for ideas. I was thinking face masks, foot soaks in the foot spa, nail decorations and things like that, but I have no idea where to start!

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas to help me out? I'm also stressing about making her cake, but thats a whole 'nother kettle of fish!
Thanks zo'x

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Fri 30-Sep-11 20:50:43

Sparkly hair spray stuff? Glittery nail varnish? You could make some homemade face masks - milk, honey and oatmeal so as not to worry about delicate skin.

Thefoxsbrush Fri 30-Sep-11 21:00:58

Face masks (you could buy a tube to keep costs down) and manicure's would be enough I think-you've got to think of how long it's going to take. Have you got any teens that could maybe help out?

You could collect free samples from magazines/beauty counters to keep costs down.

Maybe give them a little gift bag of mini nail varnish/nail file/face cloth ect....

Champagne flutes filled with fake wine would be good.

LindsayWagner Fri 30-Sep-11 21:05:59

Why the actual fuck are you indoctrinating a 7 yr old with ideas of 'what it is to be a woman'. Fake wine? Obsessing about appearance, instead of what they can read, do, think? Really, this is mental.

RitaMorgan Fri 30-Sep-11 21:09:37

A "pamper party" for a 7 year old? What the fuck?

If my child was invited to a party like this I'd think you were a nutjob and come up with some excuse to avoid the whole thing.

Jesus Christ, small girls should be running around playing party games and eating jelly and ice cream.

hocuspontas Fri 30-Sep-11 21:12:45

I thought there was a '1' missing in the thread title until I read the post shock

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Fri 30-Sep-11 21:17:39

But is there any harm if it is just a party for a few little girls who will enjoy themselves?

I say this as someone who really isn't into spas, manicures etc.

I'm assuming they just want to copy mum?

<worries about dds' copying their mum and being scruffy slatterns>

hocuspontas Fri 30-Sep-11 21:26:53

But don't you think it is worrying that this is how seven year old girls 'enjoy' themselves?

wantadvice Fri 30-Sep-11 21:28:43

I'd not send my daugher, sorry. Actually I'm not really sorry.

breatheslowly Fri 30-Sep-11 21:40:49

I think it is lovely that you are doing what she requested. It is probably worth ensuring that her friends don't go home with any make-up or nail polish on and you run the plans past the parents to check that they are ok with it and their DDs don't have any skin problems. You could get one of those things that you use to buff your nails shiny instead of polish. You could do some hair-dos. I think that the main thing is that if there is only one of you you will need things they can do themselves. I would have thought that a "pedicure" or "manicure" (foot spa/hand soak, massage with a non-scented moisturiser and nail buff), face mask (maybe watch a film with face mask on) and hair do would be more than enough. Try to get them to do as much to each other as possible, so lots of clips for hair, get a plan for hand/foot massage and teach them how to do it (they can then practice on their parents), mixing up their own face mask from a selection of natural ingredients.

Thefoxsbrush Sat 01-Oct-11 14:48:56

It's only a bit of fun!

Nat38 Sun 02-Oct-11 18:20:30

I think it`s a very good idea if thats what your daughter has asked for!! It`s only an extended form of "dressing up"!! After all it is her party & that is obviously enjoys-so what if she`s young just monitor what she actually does as she is growing up!! Also I agree that you should find out about any skin conditions etc.
My only worry is that you might be planning too much for the party-time flies!!! Maybe get a couple of teenagers that you know to help as suggested by Thefoxsbrush or scale it down a bit or have an extra long party!!! lol
Hope everything goes ok!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now