Talk

Advanced search

Joint party but want to put a note to say only buy one present....

(11 Posts)
cece Fri 30-Sep-11 13:07:52

what should we put please? Two boys sharing a birthday party. They are inviting 9 people each. We don't want people to feel like they have to buy both boys a present. Just a present for the boy that invited them iyswim. (if they want to do that) How can we word it so it doesn't sound rude or grasping?

smalltownshame Fri 30-Sep-11 13:12:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pancakeflipper Fri 30-Sep-11 13:15:21

Just add a sentence on the invite saying " please just buy a gift for **" .

That's what the 2 mum's put on the invite my 6yr old came home with. It said it was a joint party and informed us whom we were invited buy and who to buy for. None of us mums raised an eyebrow at that. Made it very easy..

cece Fri 30-Sep-11 13:19:54

Thank you. The invites have been printed by the venue with both their names on, so can't do the first suggestion. I think I'll just keep it simple like pancakeflipper says.
Thanks

rubyrubyruby Fri 30-Sep-11 13:21:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pinot Fri 30-Sep-11 16:18:25

I've received coloured invites in the past with a note saying "if your invite is purple, please gift for XX and if it's yellow, please gift for YY".

I don't agree with just one name on invite as I wanted to send a card to the other birthday boy from my son (they were all classmates together anyway)

PandaG Fri 30-Sep-11 16:21:06

just write a note on the bottom of the invite - no presents expected, but if you wanted to send a gift please only buy for X

vividgingerchilli Sun 02-Oct-11 20:49:08

Do the boys have mutual friends? We've just had an invite for a joint party for two children who share the same friends, I know from their Mums and previous experience that they would both want to invite all of the same children.

Yummygummybear Fri 07-Oct-11 12:29:24

We've been to a joint party where DS knew both children & they asked that only 1 unisex present be brought & they would be shared out equally.

midnightexpress Fri 07-Oct-11 12:30:57

What PandaG said

Fennel Mon 10-Oct-11 15:08:32

We did this once (a big party for 2 5yo girls with many of the same friends) and asked for "small presents only please as it's for two of them". That seemed to work, people did give small presents, a couple of pounds worth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now