Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What are the objects of desire for 9yo boys?

(9 Posts)
stealthsquiggle Tue 27-Sep-11 14:38:10

DS seems incapable of coming up with a birthday list - and part of me thinks that is just because he is cautious of asking for things he thinks are frivolous/ that we would veto (no idea why - DD has no such hesitation!) He is not particularly streetwise or into computer games, etc.

So - what are the things that 9yo boys really want?

stealthsquiggle Mon 03-Oct-11 23:07:10

Any ideas? Pretty please?

snice Mon 03-Oct-11 23:10:43

copy of Guiness Book of Records if he's a reader
Skateboard or inline skates
i pod touch seems to be a universal desire amongst girls and boys of our acquaintance

mercibucket Mon 03-Oct-11 23:11:39

ds2 doesn't seem to want stuff either, he's just not that bothered by material possessions, bless him. his elder brother has snaffled all those selfish genes grin
how about clothes, a guitar/other cool musical instrument or a trip out somewhere exciting instead?
my nine year old wants nerf guns, footie kits, wimpy kid book, ds games, wii games etc but it sounds like your ds is quite different

stealthsquiggle Mon 03-Oct-11 23:15:28

snice - he wouldn't "value" an ipod touch, and would therefore either never use it, and/or lose it and get shouted at

My best idea ATM is a desk - at least I know he wants one... and the last book in 'How to train your dragon' which turned up out of the blue having been on pre-order for ever

mercibucket - guitar - interesting - he does pinch his little sister's and play it - but that would be mean as it is "her" thing (she has lessons - he does piano)

mercibucket Mon 03-Oct-11 23:17:44

oooh yes we are also very excited about the latest how to train your dragon book

herecomesthsun Wed 19-Oct-11 21:46:39

Why would it be mean for him to learn guitar too? Also, if she plays acoustic, could he have electric, which would be different and kinda cool?

But a desk could be a really good, useful present.

ragged Thu 20-Oct-11 19:08:39

Lego City, tech decks (those silly little toy skateboards with swap-around wheels).

fridayschild Fri 21-Oct-11 13:43:55

DS1 likes stuff to build - lego, meccano, model aeroplanes, anything.

Both DS also set high store by things like pencil cases with flash sharpeners, rubbers which they have not yet snapped in half, and felt tip pens which all work.

Skateboard? Or those wobbly skateboard like things - sorry I can't remember what they are called.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now