Talk

Advanced search

Birthday party ideas for a 6 year old boy - low maintenance please!

(6 Posts)
sweetheart Tue 27-Sep-11 12:59:54

I need an idea for my sons 6th birthday party. He's not a boy boy and there will be a mix of boys and girls there so need something suitable for everyone. Also would love it to be as low maintenance as possible - no wrapping hundreds of layers of pass the parcel.

Any ideas?

PartySpanner Tue 27-Sep-11 14:54:55

What does he like?

If you want really low maintenance have you thought (and do you have the budget) about having a party at Pizza Express or Bowling or something similar?

stealthsquiggle Tue 27-Sep-11 14:59:14

mixed sports party at local sports centre? Staff manage the riot for an hour, you feed them, off they go (or that's how it works at our local one)?

If "not a boy boy" implies he is not into football, how about some sort of craft party (china painting or sim.)? Bowling also a good idea.

You need to give us some idea about budget and numbers, I think.

squeaver Tue 27-Sep-11 15:14:14

Pizza Express make your own pizzas?

I've been to a few at our local Zizzi where they've brought in an entertainer. Food sorted, entertainment sorted, all you have to do is bring the cake.

All depends on your budget really.

sweetheart Tue 27-Sep-11 16:22:33

Budget - well I don't want to spend a fortune, I'd say under £150 but less if possible. I don't have any numbers at the moment - it really depends on how much per head the party will cost. If it's an expensive activity he'll only be able to have a few people along.

These are all idea I'll look into thanks.

Crumbletopping Tue 27-Sep-11 20:04:29

Cinema party, local farm or zoo, theatre, museum trip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now