Talk

Advanced search

cheap 40th presents idea's?

(5 Posts)
trickydickie Sun 25-Sep-11 22:46:14

I am going to my oldest friends husbands 40th. I don't have alot of money and he isn't my friend so to speak.

I am going to spend about £20, so thought I would get him a half decent bottle of red wine, or a normal bottle of wine and nice wine glass. Looking for idea's really.

I can't afford to buy him a bottle from the year he was born. Also, for various reasons don't know anyone else who is going to the party well enough, to ask them to put our money together to get him something decent.

I am looking for possibly present idea's for around that money? Hard I know. Or suggestions of what bottle of wine to buy him.

Thanks, any suggestions will be greatly received.

DrSeuss Mon 26-Sep-11 11:12:29

Google to find out the songs that were hits the year of his birth and the number one on the day of his birth then make him a CD? You could find out the news stories that day and decorate the box with pics from Picsearch. Cheap and a bit different.

trickydickie Mon 26-Sep-11 22:03:01

Thanks. Will have a look at that.

Crumbletopping Tue 27-Sep-11 08:56:39

Celebration wines do lovely personalised bottles of wine for around £20 - we have given a few in the past and friends have been really chuffed with them.

trickydickie Tue 27-Sep-11 20:59:59

Thanks crumble - I have ordered a bottle for him. Just have to hope it comes in time now. thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now