Talk

Advanced search

December birthdays

(5 Posts)
TheJiminyConjecture Sun 18-Sep-11 23:46:07

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out when to hold DD's 2nd birthday party which is 22nd December. I know, I know - it's ridiculously early. But in my defense I've been left to plan my works christmas do, and it's DH's turn to plan his lads drinking session meal too. So we've got to get organised soon!

With Christmas shopping/visiting Father Christmas/Christmas parties etc etc it's a busy time of year all round. I want her to have a party but I don't want to piss anyone off - I can just see the AIBU threads now!

We're only going to have a small tea party, with hopefully a couple of her friends that we see regularly and family of course.

If it was you would you prefer a Saturday or a Sunday and would it make any difference if it was the start of Dec or the weekend before christmas?

What do other people with Dec DC do?

All hints and tips welcome also grin

Crumbletopping Tue 20-Sep-11 11:33:46

May be by the last weekend before Christmas, people will have done all the rushing round and be starting to relax (optimistic emotion) so I would go for the later date. Tell people the date way in advance, now even, so they can't get double-booked. Have fun!

DoubleDegreeStudent Tue 20-Sep-11 11:41:27

It's not much help now, but for when she's a bit older, my sister has a boxing day birthday which pretty much rules out any party with friends so instead we had a nice family boxing day drinks thing and then at the end of the school year she had her party. It turned it into more of a 'thing' because it was the last party of the year and gave everyone a chance to have fun before they went off on their summer holidays. It was a pain for her having to wait 6 months, but it worked best in the end.

There was someone else on here a while ago with slightly older DC who wanted to have the children for a party on a Saturday before Christmas and was worried about parents - the general consensus seemed to be that if you don't need parents to come too then they will love you for having an afternoon to run errands. That's not much use for a two year old, but something else to bear in mind.

TheJiminyConjecture Tue 20-Sep-11 22:14:25

Thank you - you've both suggested things I'd been pondering grin

We were thinking of having an 'unbirthday' for when she's older, I like the idea that she'd be able to celebrate with friends. But I think it'll be fine to be December now. I def will need the parents to stick around too, can't be doing with them all swanning off to get egg nog!

I think I'll try and book it in for that last weekend then and hope for the best. We'd only be inviting people we know well anyway so if they cba to give up a couple of hours one day then that's their loss!

An0therName Wed 21-Sep-11 13:00:22

my DS1 has a december birthday - and last few years we have done joint parties- its was very popular as most of the children would have been invited to both parties - and so one less things to do . We also in our group of friends with all december birthdays had a no birthday present rule - this was particularly good at christmas - he did get them from us and relatives etc of course -I am not that mean!
I would give the date out as soon as you have it booked - and there will of course been some people who can't make it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now