Talk

Advanced search

Cake ideas please!!

(5 Posts)
flibberdyjibbert Tue 13-Sep-11 17:50:01

So DD1 (2, very soon to be 3) who will only eat chocolate cake, or plain sponge (no icing, and definitely no jam....) has declared that she doesn't want a chocolate birthday cake, she just wants a 'cake' cake confused.

I'm thinking a candle in an un-iced fairy cake isn't really going to have the wow factor as a party table centrepiece - any ideas gratefully received!!

DrSeuss Tue 13-Sep-11 21:42:27

Colour the sponge a funky colour? Coat it in sweets?

This?
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CASTLE-Giant-Silicone-Bakeware-Cake-Mould-Pan-Tin-/380368128892?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Kitchen_Cookware_GL&hash=item588fb50b7c

gurgling Thu 15-Sep-11 21:35:49

When I was young I remember a Canadian girl over the road who had marble cakes for her birthday. Something like this:

http://www.nzwomansweekly.co.nz/food/recipes/marble-cake/story/3743751/

Crumbletopping Tue 20-Sep-11 11:41:05

Buy a cupcake stand - plenty around - I think the works do them. Fill with fairy cakes - birthday girl can have a plain one on top and all the others can be decorated with swirly icing, dolly mixtures, choc buttons etc etc. With candles in, it makes a lovely birthday display.

ShirelyKnottage Tue 20-Sep-11 11:46:18

How about a rainbow cake?

Thread Here

Recipe Here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now