Talk

Advanced search

4 year old part doomed!!

(6 Posts)
litlleman Sun 21-Aug-11 09:39:09

Can anyone please give me some advice on what they would do.
My nearly 4 year old boy has never really had a proper birthday party before, so i thought he could have one this year as his next one would not be till he's 6.
So i gave 16 invitations out last week for his party next month.
Oly for one of the mums to say that her son cannot go because it's her sons birthday party that day but she had not given hers out yet. (i could of cried)sad
Then one of the mums say tome her son cannot go because there going to the other boys party!!
So far i have 3 no's, 1 yes and his 2 cousins.
Now this has put me a real situation, should i leave it till the end of next week to see how many more get back to me? or should i try to move the party to the following week? the only thing with this is, why should i do that when the other parents clearly chose the other party. and will i not look desperate?
I just don't know what to do, but if more say they are not going then i might have to cancel it and concentrate the children that are.
Please help me, this is giving me such a headache and feel so sad for little boysad

DecapitatedLegoman Sun 21-Aug-11 09:43:33

sad you poor thing!

It's a bit off of the others to be going elsewhere if you handed out your invitations first sad

16 is a lot though - to be honest if you have more than 5 or 6 I'd say go for it and have your party anyway. Perhaps if your numbers are less you will be able to do something a bit special, an entertainer or something?

litlleman Sun 21-Aug-11 09:48:13

Hiya

The only problem is, is we booked a soft play party and the minimum is 10 other wise you still have to pay for 10 even if you has less children.

Thats why, if the other mums do not get back to me soon i will have to cancel it.

litlleman Sun 21-Aug-11 09:49:01

Sorry about my spelling this morning!

DecapitatedLegoman Sun 21-Aug-11 09:51:44

Aw sad

If you do cancel it, could you take him and a smaller group of friends on a trip somewhere for the day?

Sorry I don't know that I'm being so helpful, just feel really sad for you sad

litlleman Sun 21-Aug-11 10:01:31

well we was thinking of getting a bouncy castle and having a little party at home but it would be at my mums as she has a bigger garden but then she lives in the next town, so im not sure if the childrens parents who said yes would travel that far, which would leave him with his 2 cousins.
I am just so cross with this woman because if she knew that my lttlemans birthday party was the same she should of tried to have changed hers. But i think she is 1 of the chatty mums, so some of the parents probably knew about his party anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now