Talk

Advanced search

1 Year old party food and drink - SiMPLE ingenious ideas please!

(7 Posts)
ABPMum Sat 20-Aug-11 07:02:00

Hi all experienced mums - my first baby's first birthday is fast approaching and I have invited the world and his wife to celebrate! - now I am considering catering for 1 - 6 year olds and their parents! ANY bright ideas of how I can cater for everyone without blowing the bank and having breakdown! Thanks!!!

CheerfulYank Sat 20-Aug-11 07:05:10

Small food- little sandwiches, cupcakes, etc?

DedalusDigglesPocketWatch Sat 20-Aug-11 07:07:42

We are just having a bbq, the kids never eat much as they are all a bit over excited, so makes sense to cater more for the adults!

ABPMum Sat 20-Aug-11 10:43:14

Thanks very much xxx

gorionine Sat 20-Aug-11 10:45:33

Grapes, raisins, carrot sticks (on top of CheerfullYank's suggestions)

Jezabelle Tue 23-Aug-11 12:56:55

Sandwiches cut with heart/ butterfly cutters. Humous and cucumber sticks. Could make mini cupcakes in mini cases. If you have lots of grown ups I'd get a whole ham sliced, a large chunk of chedder, a few jars of chutney and let them help themselves.

acatcalledbob Tue 23-Aug-11 13:59:19

I made 2 huge pizzas for the last birthday party. Jamie Oliver has a recipe for a fabulous dough and I just did one margherita and the other with pepperoni - they were each the size of a grill pan. Wasn't too expensive and it did for kids and adults along with lots of cut fruit (and birthday cake!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now