Talk

Advanced search

Party games for 10 6/7 year old boys in confined space

(7 Posts)
Sonearyetsofar Tue 16-Aug-11 19:35:00

My ds is having a football party in a couple of weeks.

The party is a football game outside, then in for some tea. I would like to do some small games with the boys after tea whilst waiting to be picked up.

Do 6/7 year olds still do pass the parcel?

Any other games i can encourage calm quiet behaviour?

I'm insane aren't I? 6/7 year old boys do not do calm quiet behaviour.

Can you tell my older children are girls??? grin

PandaG Tue 16-Aug-11 19:43:53

what about blow football to keep in with the theme? pingpong balls and straws - blow balls into a goal or box on the floor?

design your own football strip - provide shirt and shorts blanks, and felt tips/stickers/sparkly bits to design a strip?

Sonearyetsofar Tue 16-Aug-11 19:46:56

Really great ideas - thanks for both of those.

cat64 Tue 16-Aug-11 19:52:10

Message withdrawn

anonandlikeit Tue 16-Aug-11 19:59:26

a prize for whoever can stay silent the longest! smile

Pin the Red CARD on the ref! (instead of tail on the donkey)

IME 6/7 yr old boys are the clumsiest in the world... get carton drinks with straws or bottles of water with sports tops (like footballers) instead of pouring cups of squash that get knocked over as they fight over the last chocolate finger.

Sonearyetsofar Tue 16-Aug-11 20:02:01

Ah sleeping lions - I won that at my 5th birthday party - I fell asleep and everyone went home!!!

Good point about not needing them all to be finished.

inmysparetime Wed 17-Aug-11 12:04:34

6/7 year old boys need to be moving about at all times IMO!
How about doing the coke and mentos experiment in the garden, or challenging them to make a Lego racing car, then race them along a piece of wallpaper lining paper. The science museum has sone good mad science experiments in it's school section, otherwise about.com has experiments listed by school stage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now