Talk

Advanced search

Party bags for DD(10)'s party?

(8 Posts)
chicaguapa Sat 13-Aug-11 22:27:24

Hey this old chestnut! grin

To start with, I really enjoy doing party bags and DC enjoy planning them with me. I don't usually spend a lot on them, maybe around £1.50 each, or sometimes I incorporate the main party bag item into the party as an activity or similar.

But this year DD is having a party at the climbing wall and I'm not sure party bags are appropriate for 10 year olds (well most of them will still be 9). So I'm not sure what to do. I'm waiting to hear if there's somewhere to do food, so at this stage I don't even know if I'm going to be feeding the guests, so would like to at least send them home with something to make up for the empty stomach. hmm

Any suggestions please? There will be a mix of girls and boys. Thanks.

thisisyesterday Sat 13-Aug-11 22:31:16

i so desperately want to say don't bother! they're old enough not to expect party bags..

BUT I will bite my tongue as you clearly want to do them grin

hmmmm... hard to do for that little money i think, i am trying to think of something that's a bit unusual that would work for boys and girls alike....

snice Sat 13-Aug-11 22:33:21

give them all a carabina(sp?) to use as a key ring with a tag attached saying "thanks for coming-hope you had a great time!"

thisisyesterday Sat 13-Aug-11 22:34:15

is a smooth stone with their names painted on too boring? poncy?
just trying to think of "rock" ideas

you could also buy fossils? and a rock cake??

thisisyesterday Sat 13-Aug-11 22:34:28

ooh carabina is a good idea

chicaguapa Sat 13-Aug-11 22:40:00

Thanks for the ideas. The carabiner is a really good idea with the note attached. I like it! A google brought up the other site and a suggestion there was some glow sticks. I saw some today in Asda funnily enough for £1.50 a pack as I was looking at them for DS's bonfire party in November. So that's a thought as well.

chicaguapa Sat 13-Aug-11 23:12:12

I've found these which look perfect as the girls will clip them onto their school bags. They also do the carabiners with a little torch on which will be perfect for the boys. Not bad at £1.84 each.

I've had a look on ebay and the little organza bags are next to nothing so I could put a keyring plus a chocolate and a note in. I'm not sure what I'd put the boys one in though as I don't think they'd appreciate an organza bag. I could just use some small white paper bags, like you put penny sweets in, as I really don't think the boys would notice what it came in. grin

snice Sat 13-Aug-11 23:15:41

Glad you liked the idea-my children love carabiners for some reason

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now