Talk

Advanced search

Dd wants a mixed sleepover party..

(14 Posts)
rainbowinthesky Fri 12-Aug-11 20:19:31

Would parents think it odd or would noone bat an eyelid? She will be 8.

JustFiveMinutesHAHAHA Fri 12-Aug-11 20:25:17

No - I'd be perfectly happy with that - unless she's boy mad, but I'm guessing if she was you wouldn't even be considering it.

rainbowinthesky Fri 12-Aug-11 20:26:53

She is "boymad" but in a 7 year old way so not worrried about that. Dont know the parents of the other dc so unsure of their reaction.

pointydog Fri 12-Aug-11 20:44:34

I wouldn't bee keen on a mixed sleepover at that age. I'd probably come up with an excuse.

And I don't know what you mean by 'boymad in a 7 yr old way'.

CareyHunt Fri 12-Aug-11 20:45:50

I think mixed sleepovers are fine at that age. I wouldn't bat an eyelid, 'boy mad' or not!

BeerTricksPotter Fri 12-Aug-11 20:50:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JustFiveMinutesHAHAHA Fri 12-Aug-11 20:53:16

Hmm - if she's boy mad and it's not just a case of seeing boys the same as girls still, then I'd probably say no, the boys can come over and do whatever they plan on doing for the evening but need to be picked up at x o'clock. I think once they get to the stage where boys are 'Ooh boys' then it's time to start setting some boundaries and sleeping over together would be one of them for me.

rainbowinthesky Fri 12-Aug-11 20:54:21

She's 7, pointydog. That's what I mean. She has loads of friends as boys and her and her friends will chat sometimes about boys they "like" but, well at 7, it's hardly snogging and hand holding!

JustFiveMinutesHAHAHA Fri 12-Aug-11 20:54:56

I was going to say 'It seems a shame it's so bloody young these days' but then I remembered when I was that age ... nothing has changed blush and I would be reducing the opportunity for them to do daft things blush

JustFiveMinutesHAHAHA Fri 12-Aug-11 20:55:40

rainbowinthesky - I wouldn't bet on it!

rainbowinthesky Fri 12-Aug-11 20:55:45

I have already told her the boys cant stay but she doesnt understand why. She certainly doesnt see them staying in a "boyfriend/girlfriend" way. As I said she is 7 and just wants a mixture of friends.

pointydog Fri 12-Aug-11 20:56:28

If my 8 yr old daughter had some sort of sniggery crush type things developing about boys, then the last thing I'd do is arrange a sleepover with boys.

rainbowinthesky Fri 12-Aug-11 20:56:57

I think that's decided it for me then! It'll be a no then. Sounds like too much stress. Boys can go home.

rainbowinthesky Fri 12-Aug-11 20:58:04

Hmm, I really dont think it's as far as a crush, just girls chatting. However doesnt seem worth the risk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now