Talk

Advanced search

Daughter's 1st birthday Xmas eve. Any ideas?

(3 Posts)
lucycm Fri 05-Aug-11 21:45:12

I know it's really premature but I'm worried venues will be really hard to find at short notice around Xmas! Also I'm not sure how many people want to come to a kiddies party on Xmas eve!!! We have a small flat so having any sort of party at home would be a bit of a mare. Was thinking of hiring a local church hall or something the weekend before. Anyone got any other ideas? Thanks!!!!

Thefoxsbrush Sun 07-Aug-11 22:44:13

Dc3's first birthday is 22nd dec so we're in a similar situation. We were thinking of hiring local softplay centre for 1 hr on Xmas eve morning and inviting people for a birthday breakfast. People are very busy over Xmas so thought about 10am-11am would be a good time for a party.

Alternatively you could have a breakfast at your local frankie and bennys. They are excellent value, usually quiet and have huge tables to accommodate big groups.

Local football clubs usually have halls you can hire and I doing they'll be in use on Xmas eve.

Or how about going to your nearest family farm as a group?

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it'll be lovely.

mumatron Sun 07-Aug-11 22:51:05

Not premature imo.

my dd2 is 1 on Jan 6th and I have already booked the hall and a few other things.

the weekend before would probably be a good idea.

my ds also has a birthday in Dec and it's never been a problem getting people to come to his parties!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now