Talk

Advanced search

non replyers

(9 Posts)
mycatoscar Mon 25-Jul-11 08:46:17

my dd's birthday is in september and I have booked soft play, so sent out invites and asked for replies by the end of term as I dont really know many of the parents at her school and wont see people over the summer. I work so dont often do the school run.

out of 15 from her class invited, only 8 have bothered replying - I have no way of contacting them so do I just assume they arent coming? I have booked soft play and have to pay pretty much now (other reason for asking for replies). What do you do on the day if they just turn up? I dont really want to buy 7 extra party bags just in case.

clingingtosanity Mon 25-Jul-11 08:48:57

Sorry, I don't have any advice but just wanted to Grrrrr with you. Hate people who don't RSVP - so bad mannered. They presumably throw parties themselves for their own DC so they should realise how annoying it is! angry

Maybe ring the soft play for advice on how late you can amend numbers upwards?

mycatoscar Mon 25-Jul-11 08:55:59

yes! Infact 2 of the non replyers have invited dd to their parties this year - I wish I had kept the invites with their numbers.

To be honest, I sent out invites 2 weeks before the end of term, I think if they were going to actually reply they would have done so by now! My main worry is that they simply turn up on the day, and how to deal with that.

My best friend admits to me that she does it all the time although she says "not to you, obviously" hmm, I have actually seen piles of invites her child gets that they just dont reply to! So I wonder if these parents just dont want their child going to the party of someone they dont know - which is fine, but a text costs 10p FFS! Thank you for grrrrrring with me smile it is bloody rude and bad mannered in my opinion!

HappyDoll Mon 25-Jul-11 09:02:54

Ggggrrrrrrr!

PorkChopSter Mon 25-Jul-11 09:21:50

The easiest thing to do is to not give out details of where the party is in the invitation. Give time and date, but only tell them where it is when they RSVP. That way you know if you haven't heard from them, then they can't just turn up.

Out of a class size of 30, I only had 15 RSVPs this year hmm but at least I knew they weren't going to show up on the day and only had to do 15 party bags grin

mycatoscar Mon 25-Jul-11 09:35:52

that is hilarious porkchopster - might use that next year!

mycatoscar Mon 25-Jul-11 09:55:23

i will ask the soft play place what they do in this situation - I'm sure lots of people have the same problem with non replyers. Am wondering about leaving a list on the front desk with people who have replied?

ruddynorah Mon 25-Jul-11 09:59:06

When in September is it? People may wait til then to reply, like a couple days before the party. They might not know now if they can make it.

mycatoscar Mon 25-Jul-11 11:30:53

its the 10th - 3 days after we go back to school, hence sending invites now

each invite clearly apologised for the early notice but explained why and asked for replies by 21st July. I completely understand if people dont know in advance, in which case surely you just say, sorry but no????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now