Talk

Advanced search

So, can anyone tell me when children stop having birthday parties?

(6 Posts)
itsraining Thu 21-Jul-11 09:33:54

The end of primary school? Or do they carry on beyone that age?

mycatoscar Mon 25-Jul-11 11:58:51

my dd is having her last big party for a while this year, she will be 6. I am planning on doing the taking a few freinds to the cinema or for a sleepover for the next few years, although will let her have a big disco party or soemthing at 11. I dont remember having many parties past that age, maybe an 18th...

Madlizzy Mon 25-Jul-11 12:03:38

I stopped when the kids were around 9 for official parties. The kids' 12th birthday, the boys went scuba diving (good deal locally!) with a couple of friends, and DD had 2 friends round for a pamper party. A lot easier. grin

itsraining Thu 28-Jul-11 09:47:24

Thank you for that. I was thinking of stopping the parties at the end of primary school but perhaps I can bring that forward a bit.

2kidsintow Sun 14-Aug-11 23:15:49

I was planning on the end of Primary, but when my DD got to the juniors she started asking for just her best friend or a couple of friends to come for tea/go bowling etc. It is a lot cheaper smile

My second DD is nearly 7 and I can't see her giving up the parties so early as she is much more of a sociable child than her older sister.

Each to their own.

inmysparetime Wed 17-Aug-11 12:07:44

Certainly 7 is the last big numbers party, they tend to be close friends only in Juniors, then kids going off somewhere for a while when they hit Secondary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now