Talk

Advanced search

Mild Panic - dh's 40th on Sat

(6 Posts)
SamsGoldilocks Tue 19-Jul-11 18:25:41

I need to organise soem food - light bites i was thinking but i have experienced a brain drain and run out of inspiration. I think we're expecting about 40 people. It's an evening do. I have 3 small children, who luckily won't be there in the evening but it limits my ability to do complex stuff. What's your must have party food - not just Twiglets, i fancy something a little classier too . Or Pom Bears i have lots of them grin

BikeRunSki Tue 19-Jul-11 18:31:28

I like nice dips (not the crappy 4 part tubs of dips you get in supermarkets) and posh crisps; decent bread; nice cheese; cold meat (I nearly said Nice Ham!...); falafels for veggies; green salad; potato salad; couscous salad; olives; cake; strawberries and cream.

That would keep me happy, and is pretty much what we had at a 50th last week end.

My personal must have is Stilton, but at 6 months pg I'll settle for deli Hummous.

BikeRunSki Tue 19-Jul-11 18:39:27

Or for classy you could do something like a poached salmon or beef wellington as a centre piece. `Or a Brie.

Fresh fruit salad.

SamsGoldilocks Wed 20-Jul-11 08:21:20

I think Nice ham is definetly on the list and some Nice cheese too. I was thinking of some little blinis with smoked salmon on. Really just want nibbles/finger food. Not too much hassle

This pg is depriving you of all your cheese needs isn't it Bike?

SamsGoldilocks Wed 20-Jul-11 13:08:31

Any more ideas?

saladfingers Wed 20-Jul-11 13:19:56

olives
bread sticks wrapped in prosciutto
tortilla chips and salsa

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now