Talk

Advanced search

Hen party games that don't involve any kind of willies?

(5 Posts)
jenrendo Wed 22-Jun-11 16:05:02

SO, my friend is holding a wee hen party after work on Friday for another of our colleagues, more tea and cupcakes than cocktails 'til dawn. Any creative ideas for fun games that are not particularly rude? I have organised 4 hen weekends but all the games involved heavy drinking/chocolate willies/fake boobs/dressing up, blah blah blah you get the picture. Not classy at all (but fun all the same!) Surely there must be some dainty, sophisticated games out there?!

DrSeuss Thu 23-Jun-11 12:34:59

Give each guest a token on arrival which is worn around the neck and post a list of words which are forbidden eg cake, bridesmaid, church. Everytime a forbidden word is said, the person who spots its use gets the token. The winner is the one with most tokens.

A quiz on knowledge of the bride.

Evveryone gets a card on their back with one half of a famous couple and must find their match but can only ask questions with a yes/no answer eg do I come from this century?

jenrendo Thu 23-Jun-11 15:32:09

Thanks DrSeuss they're great ideas smile

Pootles2010 Fri 15-Jul-11 16:40:48

Went to one recently exactly like you describe. Went to hen's house in afternoon, she did afternoon tea. Everyone had been asked to bring a little present, had to be under £5, wrapped up, that would remind the hen of them with a little back story. So mine was a package of italian food + wine as we went to italy on holiday together.

All sat in circle, she opened one by one, having to guess which was which, and why - lots of funny/lovely stories. Most much better than mine!

Second idea - not really a game, but everyone sent chief bridesmaid photos of themselves with katy, which were all put in scrap book with space to write, with sections - first section early days/family stuff, second section friends (ie her 20's), third section her and df (which he'd filled out) last section left blank for her to fill in. Everyone left really sweet messages, was very nice.

jenrendo Tue 26-Jul-11 08:28:03

Thanks Pootles, we had a really lovely time. We did the present thing and also had a wee book to write in which the bride loved. I am so glad all my friends are married now. No more hen parties to organise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now