Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to Party Bags

(16 Posts)
Pavlovthecat Sun 05-Jun-11 17:11:59

DD gets party bags all the time, tat (often, but not always) that gets broken and forgotten about by the end of the day. I have 20 children (up to) coming to DDs party and want to do something that will not cost a fortune, that will be enjoyed and that both boys and girls will like. A small gesture rather than lots of things.

Ideas please!

DazR Sun 05-Jun-11 17:13:33

A nice drinking beaker/or bottle. Could have a few sweets inside too!

Pavlovthecat Sun 05-Jun-11 17:15:50

oh that is a good idea!

I also just read an idea on shhh <whispers> that other site, you know, the fluffy one> about a lucky dip before they all leave. I quite like that one too grin, maybe I could mix it up and do both.

alittlebitshy Sun 05-Jun-11 17:21:42

I sometimes buy a set of suitable books from the book people and divide them up.

Bellie Sun 05-Jun-11 17:28:06

Books from the book people if you can find suitable sets to divide up. Usually can work out at about £1 - £1.50 each.

Pavlovthecat Sun 05-Jun-11 17:52:14

oh excellent! I have had a look and there is a mix of Roald Dahl, Jaqueline Wilson etc, 12 books for £12.99! I can get two of those, and then I have a couple of books left for birthday presents grin. If I wrap them up, I can do a lucky dip with those !

alittlebitshy Sun 05-Jun-11 19:02:09

Perfect!
(though if you have a mix of genders perhaps separate them out. grin at the boys getting and looking in horror at J Wilson grin)

2gorgeousboys Sun 05-Jun-11 19:10:54

At birthday parties we have done books, seeds and plantplots, footballs/rugby balls.

2gorgeousboys Sun 05-Jun-11 19:12:31

plantpots not plantplots obviously! blush

DoubleDegreeStudent Mon 06-Jun-11 22:39:21

How old are they? My sister had a party when everyone got a balloon with a boots voucher in (only about £2 or so, this was back when that bought you a couple of nice bath pearls and that was what everyone dreamed of!)

Mowlem Tue 07-Jun-11 01:24:50

DD has received in the past...

A glass / cup with a few sweets and a tattoo in.
Hair clips stuff
Books (If you're creative you could even design your own bookmarks and laminate them)
A decorated mug, again filled with sweets
A cone chocked full of sweets (think that was actually her favourite!)
A necklace in a little tulle bag
Smellies (like bath oils etc)

She has had some lovely stuff, and actually rarely gets bags of plastic tat (thank God!)

givemeaclue Thu 09-Jun-11 15:49:19

I totally don't get why children should get a present for attending a party? Isn't going to the party enough in itself

or am I a party pooper?!

rubyslippers Thu 09-Jun-11 15:51:35

DS has just had his party and I didn't do bags

Everyone took home a balloon

They were thrilled with it

Cost 90 pence each - finished and no hassle

PharoahNuff Thu 09-Jun-11 15:53:43

my kids HATE books in parties
they like books but want a treat
my latest are cellophane cones ( ebay) with sweets in and ribbon
look cool
are cheap

telephonetree Thu 07-Jul-11 21:33:03

sainsburys have a fab chunky sunstantial fun pirate / princess matey bubble bath - stick a lollipop to it?

Domesticbodess Sun 10-Jul-11 20:40:08

Love that idea telephonetree.

In past have done purses/wallets, jazzy socks, tubs of bubbles, pencil cases with sweets in, bookmarks. Look out for job lots of things in sales and on ebay. Not sure kids always been thrilled, mind!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now