Talk

Advanced search

SuperHero party for 5 yr old?

(4 Posts)
DoingTheBestICan Tue 03-May-11 20:52:13

Ds is 5 this summer & we have hired a local hall & plan on doing a jelly & icecream type of party for him.

We are inviting his whole class & a few more of his friends from the other reception classes so all in all there will be about 20-25 children.

I am trying to think of ideas to keep them all happy & so far have come up with pass the parcel,musical statues & possibly a disco (stereo playing a cd in the background).

Ds is really into batman atm so does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to incorporate a superhero theme to it?

I dont want to say fancy dress cos i know i would be pissed at having to find a costume for ds if he had had an invite saying that.

I could make bat cakes & biscuits but come on all you clever MNers,help me out please.

NestaFiesta Thu 09-Jun-11 16:47:02

Maybe tell everyone to wear a cape? they can make one out of a bin bag. Can you get hold of superhero music? A superhero treasure hunt? maybe hide pictures of superheros or something and the one who finds the most gets a medal? I'm only thinking aloud here. I am in the same boat- community hall, 20 odd kids and need ideas!

You can usually get Ben10 plates and stuff from poundland. that could be a start.

KarenHL Thu 09-Jun-11 16:54:29

Sounds fantastic. You might be able to get/paint a superhero decal (eg batman, superman) on a plain cake.
Perhaps 'Batman says', rather than Simon says?
Maybe badges/labels as they come in with a 'superpower' written on, then maybe a kind of game with that later. Could draw bits of paper with each child's name on and each pair could kind of 'top trump' each other - might need a bit too much time to prep though.
Or could match the superpower with the superhero. If sidekicks, could match them, eg Batman/Robin. Could all take turns to dress up as Batman/Robin and have pic taken.

TotallyLovely Fri 10-Jun-11 13:46:23

Decorate superhero masks, you can make the templates in advance and string elastic to them to go around the back of the head. They could have glittery one's etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now