Talk

Advanced search

Bouncy castle hire no-show - wwyd?

(6 Posts)
Guitargirl Fri 14-Jan-11 16:53:18

I have booked a bouncy castle for DD's birthday party on Sunday. This was booked several months ago via email. Deposit has been sent by cheque and cashed. I emailed the hire person on Wed to confirm (make sure she hadn't forgotten!) as it was booked quite a while ago. No response. I emailed again this morning. Still no response. Don't know what to do now. Am thinking leave it until tomorrow lunchtime and then try to sort an alternative if there's still no response. I have no phone number for her, have her home address (where I sent the cheque) but she is ex-directory.

cornetjo Fri 14-Jan-11 21:46:18

can you try googling her address, maybe she has advertised herself somewhere online using her address, and it might have a telephone number attached. Or perhaps searching on facebook using her email address; I've found quite a few people that way.

Guitargirl Fri 14-Jan-11 21:51:35

Have tried everything I can think of: googled her by name, email and home address and tried Facebook too. Am thinking I might have to panic book another bouncy castle tomorrow but don't want to end up with 2!

thisisyesterday Fri 14-Jan-11 21:59:35

how did you find her in the first place?

most people running something like that would be advertising all over the place, or have a website which generally have phone numbers etc...

i think you may have been had... i would start sorting out an alternative tomorrow morning sorry

Hulababy Fri 14-Jan-11 22:02:29

Send her an email now saying that if you have not heard from her by 5pm tomorrow eveing you will be cancelling your contract wth her, and organising a new castle hire for the party.

You shoud have no problem hiring someone this late at this time of year IME.

Guitargirl Fri 14-Jan-11 22:06:17

Hula - yes, I think I will do that, my fingers have been hovering over the keyboard all evening!

I originally found her on ebay but she is no longer on there after searching the last few days.

Bugger. And I thought I was being so organised sorting everything in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now