Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for DS 10th Birthday party / treat (Herts)?

(7 Posts)
ShoonaBee Fri 07-Jan-11 11:22:34

It is DS's 10th birthday mid February and I'm drawing a blank for new ideas for something he hasn't already done or something all his friends haven't already done. Also new to the area (Herts) so not sure what there is out there. He's mentioned he might be keen on a theatre trip with one or two friends - can anyone recommend something that's on currently; or any other birthday treat ideas for a 10yr old?

sb6699 Sat 08-Jan-11 00:23:25

Go-karting or Laser Quest?

Not sure where in Herts you are but there is a go-karting place in Hoddesdon that does parties.

ShoonaBee Sat 08-Jan-11 15:42:52

Many thanks - we are not far from Hoddesdon so I'll look into the go-karting. His entire year group seem to have already done Laser Quest at some point in the last 12 months! Any and all other ideas still welcome smile.

mollymax Sat 08-Jan-11 15:50:18

We hired a small local swimming pool for our 10 year old dd,s party. They all loved it.
An adult did not need to go in the pool with them either, which was a bonus.

LaurieFairyonthetreeEatsCake Sat 08-Jan-11 15:53:26

Dd's eleventh was on the donut rings at the new snow zone in Hemel Hempstead. Then we had a private room after the hour of donutting with balloons, juice, food - mostly something and chips. It was great to have the private room and be noisy.

sb6699 Sat 08-Jan-11 19:32:57

They do a sports/swimming party at the Helena Romanes Centre in Dunmow which is pretty good.

ShoonaBee Tue 11-Jan-11 10:04:16

Many thanks all. I've looked into everything suggested but the karting and snow fun was a bit pricey; will bear in mind for when I've got a better paid job perhaps! Ds isn't keen on a swimming party for reasons best known to himself but personally I think it's a great idea. Have discovered there's a Dr Who Experience performance & exhibition starting at Olympia in Feb so now planning to visit that with a couple of his friends.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: