Talk

Advanced search

should parents stay?

(3 Posts)
ZhuZhuhell Mon 03-Jan-11 10:48:03

do you expect invited kids parents of 3/4 year olds to stay at a party? i would rather they didnt but wondered how to say this and is it ok?TIA

ChasingSquirrels Mon 03-Jan-11 10:52:16

depends on the party, and the kids.

ds1's 4th - we had 5 children - all were older (from also just 4, to just 5).
The two "just 4's" were children of my good friends who we saw a lot and who were very comfortable in my home.
The three slightly older ones hadn't been to our home, but were all at school and so more used to being left.
(The only one who didn't want to be left initially was the 5yo, but he was fine after 10 mins).

DS1 wanted a "no parent's party" - actually we wanted a no younger siblings party, and there was no other way to do it really. So the invites said "pick-up" and "drop-off" time.

But a bigger party in a hall with more children, I wouldn't expect to be no adults at that age. And as the organiser I would want the parents there.

ZhuZhuhell Mon 03-Jan-11 10:56:44

thanks chasingsquirrels its going to be 6 kids including my dd at my house. most are already 4. 1/2 will be 4 soon.thats a good idea about drop off and pick up times

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: