Talk

Advanced search

snow affecting invites

(4 Posts)
JetCat Fri 03-Dec-10 12:19:51

It is my DDs 4th birthday at the beginning of the week after next. As we have never hosted a proper party, i booked an entertainer - which looks fab.

But, the village hall where we are having the party is truly snowed in at the moment, and as there is no let up in the snow forecast, i am beginning to slightly panic that no-one will turn up. I have had quite a few parents already say that if the weather doesnt change, they wont be able to make it.

I have emailed the entertainer, to ask what would happen if the weather doesnt change, and am waiting for him to get back to me. I think my options are

a/ keep the plans as they are, and risk paying a small fortune (for meblush) for just 6 people to watch the entertainer

b/ postpone the party, but it would then be after xmas, as hall is full.

c/ just cancel altogether.

Well ok, maybe not c - but it is temptinggrin

NormaSknockers Fri 03-Dec-10 12:42:15

Hmmm if you did cancel do you lose any money? Is there something that DD would like to do instead?

JetCat Fri 03-Dec-10 12:44:43

still waiting for entertainer to get back to me Norma. We are seeing Mr Tumble in panto the week after, so i know i could jolly DD along, but i actually do want her to have a party at some point.

I am probably worrying over nothing, and the weather will drastically improve <<fingers firmly crossed emoticon>>

JetCat Fri 03-Dec-10 15:33:27

he got back to me, said it was up to me if i wanted to rearrange - no penalty.

I have checked the long term forecast, and more snow is definitely on the way. Hmm - wonder is parents would be pissed off or relieved if i rearrange <ponders>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now