Talk

Advanced search

what gifts for soft play parties?

(5 Posts)
cadifflur Sat 27-Nov-10 15:46:58

What gifts do you buy/ have your DCs received at softplay birthday parties, and how much do you spend?

DS is in nursery class (so all DCs turning 4)and the invites are coming in thick and fast for soft play parties. As it's not his birthday until Feb, I have no idea what's average to spend on gifts, and what kind of gifts are appreciated. So far I'm going on what I know DS and DD enjoy (- and things i'd be happy for them to receive!) so mostly books, CDs (talking books/Disney compilations etc), sticker books/activity pack type things. I'm spending around £8 or so a go. I see other parents walking in with huge wrapped up gifts, and just wonder what on earth they've bought. am I a skinflint???

(Ok, and i admit, I shudder at the thought of so many huge boxes coming home with us, so I try and buy small gifts as figure people don't want 24 big gifts to find room for in the house!)

blametheparents Sat 27-Nov-10 16:01:08

I spend between £8 and £10, can get something nice for that.
Sometimes club together with friends to get something bigger, but then I check with the Mum to see if there is anything the child wants.
Often pick up stuff in Dissney Store sale for presents and then keep a hold of it until needed.

blametheparents Sat 27-Nov-10 16:01:38

Boots 3 for 2 good for stocking up on stuff.

eviscerateyourmemory Sat 27-Nov-10 16:09:25

I think that sometimes presents received at one party are given out again at a later party.

I would agree that £8ish is a reasonable amount to spend. At that age you can buy generic presents when you see things that are good value, when they are older you will have fewer party invites (because the parties get smaller) but will probably want to be more specific in the gift that you give the child.

cadifflur Sat 27-Nov-10 17:08:40

thanks for the replies, good to know am not being discussed at school gates for my scrooge like tendencies then! have been stocking up at WHS, Waterstones etc. when they've had offers on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now