Talk

Advanced search

My first birthday party for my 3 year old

(3 Posts)
georgiepie Fri 26-Nov-10 15:36:45

Hi,

Well my DD is 3 in 2 weeks and I have invited 9 kids around to have a little party in my house. (sounds ok so far...)

Dont laugh but I dont know what to do?! Do i do a buffet or pizza and pudding? What will they drink? My daughter only has water and milk.

What games could we play? I thought about pass the parcel but not sure what else would suit 3 year olds? should I do theme or something?!

Lastly is there any DVD which I could buy that has singing and dancing on it that they could watch?

Any idea at all would be gratefully excepted!

Thanks

xx

Notterrysmine Fri 26-Nov-10 20:05:11

Whatever you do food/drink wise there will always be at least one who's fussy. So I've got more pragmatic over it nowadays, and provide what the birthday child would eat. So what would your child eat for a picnic lunch?

If I was doing it I would have:-

ham sandwiches/grapes/party ring biscuits/hula hoops/carrot sticks/apples/chocolate muffins/sausages/fairy cakes/apple juice/water/milk

Themes:
Not necessary, but can sometimes make it easier if you have a loose theme. Prince/Princesses is good at this age.

Games:
Craft activity is good and can be used as party bag to take home, decorate crowns. Strip of paper, with points, that can be wrapped round head.

Pass the parcel good I would do 10 layers, with chocolate buttons pack in each one, and a small gift as the main one.

Sleeping lions great for getting them to calm down.

There's a winnie the pooh it's your birthday party dvd.

HTH

georgiepie Sun 28-Nov-10 16:21:12

Thanks so much for taking the time to share all that wonderful info me.

xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: