Talk

Advanced search

birthday party venue in London

(8 Posts)
wantsthebest Mon 22-Nov-10 10:10:48

Hi - we are wanting as pecial birthday party for 100-150 people for my 1 year old somewhere in london - in an indian restaurant where i can have childrens entertainment and lunch for everyoen - does anyone knwo of anywhere big enopugh and reasnable that can provide good veg food?

Ladymuck Tue 23-Nov-10 20:17:34

When people that I know have done this, they have hired a venue and then brought caterers in. That way you can have somewhere with say a bouncy castle and an area for a children's entertainer.

wantsthebest Wed 24-Nov-10 12:42:25

i thought of that - but alot of adults attending - typical indian do am fariad - i knwo soemone did it in a large restuarant which had one side for kids and a dining room for everyoen to sit and eat - so just needed some ideas - prefereably central london - so easy dor everyone to travel to.

Earlybird Wed 24-Nov-10 12:45:55

It's been a long time (and no idea if it is still open or any good), but I once attended a private party at Porte Des Indes. It was/is located north of Oxford Street (on one of those little side streets behind Selfridge's).

wantsthebest Wed 24-Nov-10 14:39:26

hi Earlybird - yes thats on my list to check - i knwo someoen who used Bombay Palace too - I need to be reasonable with price too as some are extortionate - i will check La portes prices

div22c Mon 13-Dec-10 13:59:08

hi wantsthebest - am in the same boat as you, wanting to organise a large-ish party for my 3 yr old in March, with a combo of adults and kids of various ages. I am in Woking but willing to look at London. Any other places you have considered for your party? Ta!

wantsthebest Wed 22-Dec-10 16:29:19

i found one called amani (ex chaf of Cinnamon Kitchen) - its in warlingham and has one in epsom downs - bit small - only takes 80 people and pricey (food looks good) - but i dont knwo - someone todl me about Calcutta club in seven oaks - bit far away but big and cheaper - i prefer london as easier for everyone to get to and most out of town ones are still expensive - if you come up with anything let me know too

div22c Fri 24-Dec-10 23:11:11

thanks will check them out. good luck with your baby's party

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now