Talk

Advanced search

Would you think I was a cheap arse for doing this?

(13 Posts)
TotorosOcarina Sun 21-Nov-10 19:01:15

and would it be naff?

DS is 6 half way through December,

haven't much cash at moment (who has?!)

All his mates have been having 'soft paly parties' but we just haven't got the £100 - £150 they cost.

Our house is tiny and don't think I could cope with a party there.

Would it be shit if I told DS to coose 2 or school friends and ask the parents to drop them off at the cinmea saturday morning forthe £1 showing (I havo idea what will be on though till the week before!) and then go to the 2 for 1 pub next door for lunch after and maybe an hour of soft play(with goody bags and cake??)

Thing is, as its the sat moring club tey will have to drop the kids off 9:30 - 10 am

Do you think thats too early for a party??

cupofteaplease Sun 21-Nov-10 19:06:07

Sounds fine to me!

onimolap Sun 21-Nov-10 19:07:30

Depends what the film is, really.

BangingNoise Sun 21-Nov-10 19:09:32

Sounds fine. IN fact, it sounds like a lot fun!

RobynLou Sun 21-Nov-10 19:09:57

sounds fine, I wouldn't even do that, how about get a DVD out and make a big bowl of popcorn, draw the curtains and make your front room into a cinema?
small party lunch and cake afterwards and you're done. I don't get why kids parties have to cost so much at all.

TotorosOcarina Sun 21-Nov-10 19:12:41

Robyn alot of the parents seem to want to stay with the kids when its a 'house party' I don't blame them, but wouldn't fancy 2 or 3 mums and dads sat around watching 'Ponyo' in the dark with us! lol

readinginsteadnow Sun 21-Nov-10 19:14:24

We did exactly that (cinema I mean, not sit in the dark with parents at home!) 2.50 for 1 ad 1 child, snacks from home, park aftrwards with chips.

TotorosOcarina Sun 21-Nov-10 19:14:54

this weekend it was:

alpha and omega

despicable me

and legends of the guardians

they seem to have an k choice each week, am thinking it will probably be a christmas film!! but am hoping not!

readinginsteadnow Sun 21-Nov-10 19:15:59

Is despicable Me on the cheapie already? Cool!

RobynLou Sun 21-Nov-10 19:16:22

smile fair enough!
odd that they have o stay at a freinds house but will happily leave them with someone else at a cinema/soft play place... My DD is only 3 so I have all this to come!

TotorosOcarina Sun 21-Nov-10 19:16:58

must be as it was on sat at 9:30 with no other showingsa at the bottom of the list

can't click on it as it was yesterday showing

Portofino Sun 21-Nov-10 19:17:40

When dd was 5 I had no spare cash. We took one friend to the zoo. The girls got a treat and everyone felt that we had a special day. I don't know why everyone feels obliged these days to throw huge parties. Even when we have had one, I never invited more than 8 children.

sundew Sun 21-Nov-10 19:18:34

We did £1 showing + frankie and Bennies for my dd1s party last week. It works really well - I took popcorn with us for the kids to scoff (+ bottles of water). Makes a fab cheap(ish) party.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: