Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Need ideas for 11 year old girls party!!

(12 Posts)
mampam Tue 02-Nov-10 14:47:41

Help. My 11 year old DD is having a birthday party at home on Saturday and I have no idea on how to entertain them. Will only be 8 girls including DD.

DD wants to play Just Dance on the Wii but what else can I entertain them with???? They are too old for traditional party games.

Also what can I send them home with?? A party bag seems a little babyish at their age.

Any help/suggestions/advice will be VERY gratefully received. I'm dreading it now confused

scurryfunge Tue 02-Nov-10 14:52:34

Get some cheap bracelet/bead kits from the pound shop?

Xfactor-karaoke type-thing with judging?

Pass the parcel with age appropriate forfeits and gifts?

Send them home with a piece of cake and the bracelet they made.

madwomanintheattic Tue 02-Nov-10 14:52:55

oh, hadn't realised it was at home - was going to tell you about my friend who organised a mall treasure hunt, or the other one that did an 'amazing race' party.

movie and popcorn/ pizza? i think most 11yo's are used to this sort of thing - birthday sleepover type affair with a couple of girls. not sure about 8 though - i know a 9yo that did this and i was frankly appalled at the state of them. it ruined the whole weekend!

bigchris Tue 02-Nov-10 14:53:56

Can you afford to get someone round to do their nails and makeup?

madwomanintheattic Tue 02-Nov-10 14:54:00

oh scurry, you reminded me - we did bracelets with dd1, all the girls made their own.

mampam Tue 02-Nov-10 18:55:26

Thanks for your replies.

I had just drawn a blank when trying to think of ways of entertaining these girls.

Pass the parcel with forfeits sounds like a fab idea, as does making bracelets and getting someone round to do their nails but not sure I can get someone at short notice.

Right off to think of some age appropriate forfeits..........hmm

tessofderbyville Tue 02-Nov-10 21:34:42

Buy a few bits of cheap nail varnish/make-up and let them give each other makeovers.

Have straighteners and curling tongs at the ready if you're feeling brave!

Otherwise you could do something food-related - putting toppings on pizzas, decorating cupcakes.

Get your dd to plan and organise a treasure hunt.

Ideas for goodie bags: a mascara, a cupcake, bath bomb/bubble bath, a toffee apple... that reminds me - it's bonfire night or near enough - that could be helpful for a theme.

Have fun!

pointydog Tue 02-Nov-10 21:49:16

1. Open presents.
2. SEt out ingredients in kitchen: ready-made pizza bases (4? 2 of them work on one pizza), a tomato base sauce, chopped ham, mushrooms, peppers etc, grated cheese. Girls make up their own pizza monster faces.
3. Girls go and have make-over session or nail art session (klutz do a great nail art book, lots of good designs). You set up party tea and cook pizzas.
4. Girls come for party tea. Glam it up with cocktails.
5. Girls go and play Just Dance on the wii.
6. Think of a theme if possible. Dd2 (12) had a gold and silver theme recently and friends went away with gold glitter nail files and a gold sparkle lip gloss from next. Wrap in gold tissue.

pointydog Tue 02-Nov-10 21:49:59

Age 11, they should be able to do their own nails, especially if following klutz designs. (Use cocktail sticks for polka dots etc)

mampam Wed 03-Nov-10 16:32:04

Wow!! smile You guys are much more imaginative than I am!

fun2mum Thu 18-Nov-10 21:50:50

I would try taking them to Rock Over Climbing. We had a party there and it was brilliant. Not too expensive and if you want food after, they let you bring your own. Well worth looking at. www.rockoverclimbing.com

bluejeans Mon 22-Nov-10 22:21:26

How did the party go, mampam? DD has decided to have a party for her next birthday (after a few years of outings) so interested to hear what worked!

I like the idea of the Klutz nail art, pointydog

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: