Talk

Advanced search

Lockdown - stresses etc

(4 Posts)
Monica53 Sun 10-May-20 14:09:16

Hi

Haven’t been on for a while, however like many I’m self isolating and lucky to be working from home coming upto wk 9 . However our Dd returned home from Uni - first year and studying? at home ... though the tension and everything boiled over this weekend! I now feel retchid! My OH didn’t support me and said mothers and daughters should just get on not bicker! I’ve been told I’ve never been a loving mum😢, took care of other family before her! and that her Boyfriends family are more welcoming then me🥴 To day I want to disappear is an understatement also had a bad day yesterday anyway and explained please let me alone and let me have space as couldn’t cope with everything that’s going on! I don’t know if it’s just everything we’re all in at moment or if I need at some point to leave and step out alone! My Dd said I’m awful person and that she’s thinking of doing rest of lockdown at her BF as his mum is caring to her😢. Talk about kicking someone when they’re down 😢 sorry for rant

OP’s posts: |
Sprite4 Mon 11-May-20 21:51:28

Sorry nothing to say but couldn't read and run, hope you had a better day today

1ForAllnAllFor1 Mon 11-May-20 21:54:27

Maybe this is a chance to have a heart to heart and save the relationship. She must be struggling mentally and trying to blame it on her relationship with you.

Ask her what she wants from u ? Apology? Acknowledgement? Proof of love ? Reassurance that you won’t abandon her?

Ask her if she is willing to reciprocate ?

pallasathena Tue 12-May-20 13:43:44

I'd practise tough love OP. Tell her to go if she wants to. That it's probably for the best as you're finding her nasty behaviour tiresome, immature and offensive.
And help her to pack a bag.
She's trying to manipulate you into feeling horrible and defensive by her actions.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in