Talk

Advanced search

Just Received This Message Regarding my son. WWYD

(7 Posts)
Allycat Sun 05-May-19 09:07:18

Morning all.
I have a 20 year old son, who I have been slightly worried about.
Think staying out all night and generally losing his way.
He used to be a big drinker, but hasn't drank for two months. However, he does still go out partying and doesn't come home, telling me he is staying at friends.
Other than this, is he a placid polite person and has been raised in a supportive stable environment.
I've just received a message via FB messenger from someone that is unknown to me (she looks his age) saying that he should be more respectful to women and he is doing class A drugs and having unprotected sex in club toilets. I have tried to look her up on Facebook and she has absolutely no posts, photos or friends (although could have locked this down to strangers).
Would you reply and ask for more details to validate the comments? Or should I just speak to my son??

HennyPennyHorror Sun 05-May-19 09:33:20

Speak to your son. Tell him about the message without judgement or saying you think it's true and then add "Class A drugs and unprotected sex lead to death or failure"

And leave it. Does he work? If not, who is funding this lifestyle?

Allycat Sun 05-May-19 09:48:39

Thank you for your reply and your suggestion. These kids are such a worry.
He's been doing an apprenticeship but got laid off last Friday and I know he's really stressed out by it, so has got money to buy drugs at the moment.
He's home and in bed. I'll take my younger son to breakfast and when I come back I'll wake him to try and find out what's going on.
So you don't think to reply to the girl? The reason I'm a bit hmm is that she doesn't even say his name, or where it was.

pumpkinpie01 Sun 05-May-19 09:54:08

I wouldn’t respond to her as he may well find out and be annoyed that you have communicated with her without discussing with him first.

Weezol Sun 05-May-19 09:54:34

Don't reply. Could be a scam, could be vindictive, might be true - whatever it is don't feed the drama.

Just show it to him and talk about it.

AsleepAllDay Sun 05-May-19 09:55:42

Don't reply. Talk to him about it

Allycat Sun 05-May-19 10:14:52

Ah thanks guys.
Yes I agree too.
Will do that.
Thanks again 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »