Talk

Advanced search

Sons Girlfriend

(5 Posts)
AbbeB Thu 31-Jan-19 13:33:45

My sons girlfriend moved in with us a couple of years ago--she shows no respect for our property at all--she has caused a considerable of damage--no apologies--she does very little in the way of help about the house and seems to think we are here to tidy up after her--when the subect is raised it just causes conflict with no acknowledgement of the problems--moving away at this time is problematic--the atmosphere in the house at the moment is awful after a major bust up--any advice gladly taken

squashyhat Thu 31-Jan-19 13:39:19

How old is she? If over 18 you know the answer.

MiniBreak Thu 31-Jan-19 13:40:46

A couple of years!!! She knows she's on to a good thing. Yes, just give them a deadline and tell them to move out.

SandAndSea Thu 31-Jan-19 13:44:25

You need to think long-term here. Can you sit them both down with a cuppa and have a gentle talk, along the lines of, "You know we love you but..." ?

Emptynestermum Sat 02-Mar-19 06:25:30

I agree with Sand&Sea. Try a gentle approach. Very tricky as you risk pushing your son away. I feel for you though as I'm in a similar position - son's girlfriend living here and we're not keen on her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »