Talk

Advanced search

Shall I throw son out!!!

(34 Posts)
Kaz41 Tue 29-Jan-19 21:16:26

I need help!!! I am a single mother. My son is 22 Years old. He lives at home. Signs on. No job. Helps me in every way cleans, helps gives me money for gas, electric and food.
My problem is he thinks he is right on everything. No one can speak to him. His dad has given up on him and I am getting to that point.
At the moment he wants to move to U.S. He wants to live in the ghetto and go down the bad path.
(I kid u not) but he is waiting on a U.S rapper to come to London so he can save him from the degenerates that are his peers that live in the U.K
My son is a homebody who can't stand his own age group he says they have no sense and doesn't agree with how they do things.
I don't know what to do. The videos he watches on You Tube are ones he shouldn't be watching which seem to me are videos which will prepare him for life in the ghetto in the U.S.
He has no business looking up gangs etc. I'm a single mum working hard in a primary school trying to live off low wages.
I'm at the end of my tether. I don't believe I want to continue living with this man who is not my son anymore . He seems to really Wang to live this underworld life.
My heart is broken in sooooo many pieces. What can I do.

Kaz41 Mon 08-Jul-19 22:04:37

Job22 yes I'm soooooo lonely but trying to get thru it

Kaz41 Mon 08-Jul-19 22:06:53

Kidsdub I feel for you its soooooo difficult I think there needs to be some form of support group around to help us. I want to look this up and if not maybe its something I could look into doing. As us parents need real support

thinkimtrying Sun 06-Oct-19 23:18:02

we are in similar situation 18 and 20 year olds😢 so disrespectful, swearing...we've sat down with them, but they want to do things their way and would be mouthy if reminded to help. we have now given them a month's notice to leave which makes us feel guilty/horrible but things are getting worse. they need to move out and hopefully learn to be independent. such a hard decision though

Kaz41 Mon 07-Oct-19 07:36:03

Thinkimtrying
I know exactly what u mean it is sooooooo tough!!!
Since it all kicked off in April my son was homeless still trying to get in the game(finding people to sell drugs) he even flew to America to try get into it lol
But now he has got himself into army and is flourishing
I am sooooo proud.
He blames me for everything and still not talking to me but I know if I didn't throw him out.
He would still be in his room playing playstation and searching the evil web.
I hope you are able to get the strength to do it
These kids are awful and need to realise life is not easy. I think we have given them too much.

Apolloanddaphne Mon 07-Oct-19 07:41:37

I'm pleased he has got himself sorted out and joined the army. He may come round and start speaking to you again in the future but at least for now you can rest easy and know he is doing something worthwhile.

Kaz41 Mon 07-Oct-19 10:07:49

Apolloanddaphne I do hope he comes round as I'm really not that bad but it just goes to show what can happen if u step up and realise they are not our babies as b4 but I women and men
I do feel bad that it has all come to this but I'm hoping my family will be repaired.

thinkimtrying Mon 07-Oct-19 15:21:15

that is good news about your son! so happy to read this, steps on the right direction praying that your relationship will be mended gradually but soon #hopeful#

thinkimtrying Mon 07-Oct-19 15:23:49

our 20yr old works/contributes but the disrespect, swearing and aggression no financial contribution will compensate for it breaks my heart where's our sweet boy gone😢

Kaz41 Tue 08-Oct-19 07:33:59

Thinkimtrying
I know exactly what u mean where does our sweet little children go.
But u have to be strong and know in yourself it's the right thing to do.
If theres any doubt dont do it
It will be tough and they may not speak to u but I'm hoping u can come to the right outcome for u and your family.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »