Talk

Advanced search

Need advice please

(2 Posts)
Cherry1969 Sun 13-Jan-19 22:37:11

I'm a mum of two children. My eldest is 17 in a month and is bipolar and autistic and self harms sexually. My youngest is 7 years old. I'm a lone parent and don't work due to my physical health. I try so hard for both my children but for my eldest it's never good enough. We fight all the time, she won't take her medication and she takes it out on her brother so much. All I get is she's 17 so and can do what she likes. She's not had a great life either. I was beaten by her dad every day till I left him when she was 7 months old, she don't know him, and blames me for that. She's treating me like he did and I feel like my resentment for him has maybe transferred to her and that's why sometimes we fight. I just don't know how to fix this as therapy and councillor hasn't worked. Xx

PurpleWithRed Sun 13-Jan-19 22:39:10

I can’t begin to imagine how hard this is for you. Are you still having counselling/therapy for yourself?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »