Talk

Advanced search

Adult son and daughter in law

(30 Posts)
Hippychick51 Tue 26-Jun-18 03:29:43

Hi I really hope someone can help me see clearly through this one ... I feel my adult son is being controlled by his new wife, I feel he’s not allowed to be himself and has to do as he’s told! Consequently I’m treading on egg shells as to not upset anyone but finding it hard to see him in this controlling relationship. He’s not strong enough to stand up to her and sadly it’s all about her and her family. I keep telling myself to stop worrying about it but I’m having sleepless nights. I would never speak out of turn to either of them but it’s breaking my heart.
Thank you for any guidance I receive.

ajandjjmum Mon 16-Jul-18 16:57:06

Could it not be a wider family gathering, including DIL's Mum. Maybe you could offer to host?

missyB1 Mon 16-Jul-18 17:04:31

Can’t believe a pp called this guy a wuss and tried to make out that must be OPs fault! Wonder if people would say that about a woman who had to toe the line in a relationship??
OP my ds marriage is similar. she’s a lovely girl but he worships her so much that he seems to have given up doing all the things he used to love, just to keep her happy. It worries me, but I keep quiet. He knows I’m here for him if he needs me.

Mumziiwumzii71 Wed 26-Sep-18 17:22:50

I have my 28yr old son and his pregnant girlfriend plus their four cats living in my two bed home with me but we can't seem to agree on rent I only work 16 hrs PW he works 20 + PW she doesn't work and we don't get any benefits, I'm really struggling to keep a roof over our heads, any advice?

pott12 Fri 28-Sep-18 08:51:04

Hi my son is 39 ,his partner have just given birth to a little girl ,I am very pleased for them,she beautiful,and we were very excited as our family thought my son couldn’t have children ,but because my future daughter in-law wanted a boy (she’s very tomboyish )she doesn’t want any girly or pink clothing etc on her baby ,she was going to purchase a boys outfit and I said “Omg you can’t you will give baby a complex “she didn’t reply on another occasion I said it again ,still no reply from her ,well not to me but to someone else ,now I’m not allowed to see or have anything to do with their baby until she ready to talk to me ,I’ve spoken with my son and he’s hoping it will just go away (he’s very laid back ) I’ve asked him when I will get to see my granddaughter but he just says he don’t want to talk about it ,i’ve tried speaking to my sons partner but one word has led to another and now everything has got twisted ,please advise me on what to do should I try speaking to her or just sit back and wait , it’s my own fault I know , I’m so heartbroken .

Helendee Sat 29-Sep-18 11:30:22

Hippy chick I have exactly the same situation. Please feel free to PM me if you would like to x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »