Talk

Advanced search

Boyfriends

(3 Posts)
Rachelsmt Thu 02-Nov-17 16:10:35

Hi, just a quick question how often would you recommend the daughters, boyfriend stays over. They are in a long term relationship however recently he’s been stopping up to 4/5 Times a week, each time I address this with my daughter she sulks. They both work full time and don’t get me wrong he’s a lovely lad and it’s not about the cost of a additional adult stopping although there is an impact on my budgets, and having enough in for tea !! It’s the fact I feel my homes been invaded. My daughter does pay board £100 a calendar month, but to be fair this doesn’t go that far and I feel it’s important that she contributes. It just poses a question how others would manage it. Am I just being a grump and moaning ?? hmm

OP’s posts: |
user1485851222 Fri 03-Nov-17 20:11:51

Lnot being a grump. We've had various girlfriends stopping over with our son.. Can get a bit much 4-5 nights a week. You are right it isn't about cooking. More you don't feel like you can relax in your own house. But then you feel inhospitable.. no win situation

Justbookedasummmerholiday Thu 09-Nov-17 12:15:00

Do they sit in her room or take over the whole house? We had to put foot down on ds gf years ago when she assumed she was staying for tea /making herself cosy too many nights! Even when ds was at work she would assume to be staying!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in