Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lazy

(9 Posts)
user1494946468 Tue 16-May-17 16:01:49

Just joined to have a rant. I raised 2 kids by myself - they're now 19 and 20. Both at uni and growing up, did lots of activities eg, skiing, martial arts, music, art etc etc. Didn't have too many hols abroad but they did ok. I still do everything like working, cleaning, cooking, shopping, diy, gardening, etc (when they were younger - drs etc appts, homework, parents nights etc). My 20 year old (today) left 5 bags of washing in the kitchen and moaned that there was 'no food in the house'. ??!!
Any new parents out there - make sure you give 'em chores from an early age.

I feel your pain

iklboo Tue 16-May-17 16:07:52

The 5 bags of washing would stay there until the hole in my backside healed up wink

Wolfiefan Tue 16-May-17 16:08:30

It's not too late. Make a rota.

user1494946468 Tue 16-May-17 16:16:34

The last straw was the 50/60 pairs of socks mixed up with shirts + skirts. My daughter's the mucky one, son's the 'I know everything one'.

CoolioAndTheGang Tue 16-May-17 16:16:54

Tell him he needs to start contributing and get a job. The gravy train has broken down and has stopped here. The line is discontinued. You will do him a huge disservice, not teaching him to be a responsible adult and to fend for himself.

Aquamarine1029 Tue 04-Jul-17 15:26:28

This is ridiculous and it's high time you lay down the law. They are adults. They have laundry to do then they do it. That goes for everything else. My kids have been doing housework and laundry since they were teens and they are self-reliant and very responsible. I love to do things for them, but they know everyone has to pitch in to help the home run smoothly.

DeanKoontz Tue 04-Jul-17 15:29:44

Why are you still doing everything for them?

Fadingmemory Thu 26-Oct-17 11:12:14

Put the bags of dirty laundry in his room. He will presumably know the location of local supermarkets etc. Don't cook for him or provide any other help. He needs to fend for himself. Let him grow up - at the moment he is being enabled to behave badly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now