Talk

Advanced search

Feeling so ashamed

(3 Posts)
nevis42 Tue 09-May-17 21:05:08

My daughter is 27.... currently living in London with her partner...and has Aspergers. It's a long story but every time she seen my mum, mum always gave her a small amount of money saying she was her favourite grandchild and it's true....mum didn't give to the others tho they rarely visited. At Christmas, hubby and I were away for 4 months and mum sent my daughter £200 in £5 notes to treat herself. I kept ringing mum every other day but as time went on mum asked if I'd heard from my daughter as mum received no Christmas card. To date.....my mum has had no phone calls.....no thanks....no letters. Last weekend I arranged a family get together as it was my mum's 80th birthday. Right up until the last minute my daughter was coming but said she was working.....I knew it was a lie and was/am so upset about it. Mum had a wonderful day but again, not one bloody card!! I just can't bring myself to bother with my daughter now....I have tried.....now feel I must give up for my own sanity!!

NiceCardigan Tue 09-May-17 21:23:01

I think I would just tell your DD she needs to send a card to her grandma. Yes she's old enough to do it herself but she's need to know it's important (or she'll end up like my DB who still doesn't send cards when expected and he's 48)

dottypotter Fri 12-May-17 14:29:38

your mum should stop sending her money if she dosent bother to thank her etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now