Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Molars coming through

(7 Posts)
Em32 Sat 13-Aug-05 13:40:09

Anyone have any suggestions for a little boy in desperate pain with three molars coming through at once? This is the fourth day of misery and he's normally very happy so it is awful to see. I'm coming up for 38 weeks pregnant so not that fun for me either.........

Juliettesmum Sat 13-Aug-05 21:30:04

My 15 month old is getting her molars too. Its worse at night so an hour before she goes to bed I give her a spoon of calpol. I find this works well and she likes the taste of it. Have you tried Nelson's Teetha? I used that when dd was first getting teeth and didn't want to give her paracetamol and it calmed her straight away.
Or there's old faithful Bonjela (although I don't know how babies can stand the awful taste of the stuff).
Don't worry about it. It'll all be over soon and he'll be back to old self. Besides, he'll have a baby brother or sister to keep his mind off his teeth! Good luck. How old is your son by the way?

monkeytrousers Sun 14-Aug-05 17:20:31

We dose up with Medised and rub on Calgel.

mjp185 Sun 14-Aug-05 18:10:26

Calgel is great ++++++++. I also found that letting my 2 sons chew on a clean baby toothbrush really helped ( supervised of course) and brought relief in a weird kinda way!!! Hope they start to settle soon xxxxxxxx

Em32 Mon 15-Aug-05 09:31:13

Thanks - calgel or bonjela just didn't do the trick sadly (he's 18 months) Had to go for combination of nurofen and calpol in the end. He seems much better today but it has been a very tiring week...

fqueenzebra Mon 15-Aug-05 10:54:34

I found that chamomile powders -- superdrug used to do them -- were amazingly effective. It's a lot like a homeopathic remedy, lactose with a little chmamomile extract. I will try to get the exact name on here later. Can't hurt.

DS (14m) is also teething (2 molars cutting), so must myself go find some chamomile powders for him.

Nemo1977 Mon 15-Aug-05 10:59:15

I have to do calpol and nurofen too with ds as the other powders and gels do nothign for him...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now