Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When does a girl want a bedroom to herself?

(7 Posts)
spidermama Fri 12-Aug-05 15:47:15

My dd, who is nearly 7, has her own room but has taken to sleeping in the bedroom with her two brothers who are 5 and 3. Perhaps I jumped the gun by giving her her own room when she was 5.

Is there an age when children decide they need their own space?

Distel Fri 12-Aug-05 15:49:11

My dd is 3 and we are hoping to move soon. She is mortified that she will have her own room and not have to share with her 2 brothers anymore. I want her to have her own room so I can make it pink and girlie, I was never allowed pink and girlie .

spidermama Fri 12-Aug-05 16:01:22

I would delay it for as long as possible if I were you Distel. Keep 'em in the same room. It makes bedtime stories much easier and frees up a room for you. Have the luxury of a spare room for a bit. I wish I had.

starlover Fri 12-Aug-05 16:03:01

can't remember. but i do know that when myself and my brother were ltitle we were constantly wanting to share a room and then a few weeks later wanted our own back.... it may just be the novelty!

nutcracker Fri 12-Aug-05 16:30:55

I think it depends on the child to be honest.

My Dd was thrilled when she got her own room at 6, but her sister was only 4 at the time and was and still is unimpressed and wished they could share.

They could actually share but Dd1 is adamant she wants her space.

spidermama Fri 12-Aug-05 21:41:16

If I had the time again I'd certainly put it off for longer, not least because it would mean we'd have a spare room for guests.
But then retrospect is an exact science eh?

Miaou Fri 12-Aug-05 22:33:13

When we moved house six months ago dd1 got her own room, aged 7.5. Even with hindsight I think the timing was right for her.

Dd2 is not so impressed however - she hasn't got anyone else to blame the mess on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now