Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

10 month old who won't sleep in pushchair as too nosey!!!

(10 Posts)
yorkshirelass Thu 11-Aug-05 16:07:38

Does anyone else have a baby who is so nosey they WILL NOT sleep whilst out in the pushchair even if they're SHATTERED!

My DS absolutely refuses to go to sleep when there's things to look at - I try reclining the pushchair but he just props himself up on his elbows and cranes his neck so as not to miss anything! It's such a pain as I always have to be at home to make him have a nap during the day or else eventually he gets overtired and gets too excitable (but still doesn't sleep!)

Would be nice just for once to wander round the shops with a sleeping baby!

starlover Thu 11-Aug-05 16:10:33

yes. which is why i love my pram! he can't really see out of it! lol

purpleturtle Thu 11-Aug-05 16:10:56

Have you tried the parrot trick? Put the hood up on the pushchair and drape a muslin, or light blanket over it. Nothing to see ergo sleeping baby.

Seen it done, honest!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 11-Aug-05 16:11:16

yep - jess has been the same since she was tiny.... if she does drop off now its for 20 minutes max!

yorkshirelass Thu 11-Aug-05 22:04:00

Will definitley try the parrot trick, thanks for that tip! Would be so nice just for once to wander round the shops with a sleeping babe!!!

meggymoo Thu 11-Aug-05 22:15:20

Message withdrawn

geranium Fri 12-Aug-05 15:42:02

yorkshirelass, I had the same thing when ds was a baby and if it is any consolation, this probably means your ds will be lots of fun and very alert and interested in everything as he gets older - very good company.

duvet Sat 13-Aug-05 13:50:21

I had this with my dd too - I too envisaged months of baby sleeping in pram while \I went shopping, for a coffee/lunch etc etc but no after 6 months she too would only sleep if really shattered in pram but always slept well at home. Didn't find any solutions sadly sometimes drape would til she started to pull it off!! Maybe try training to sleep in pram at home first - I dont know in the end your just grateful if they sleep well somewhere.

biglips Sat 13-Aug-05 14:04:31

my DD is 10 months old too and ever since i bought the buggy when she was 8 months old, she cant help but being too nosey (before she was in the pram and could only see me but now she is in the buggy she can see everything!), but the good thing is that shes fast asleep in her carseat in the car (peace at last!!)

biglips Sat 13-Aug-05 14:04:51

she like to gab to people !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now