Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Parenting Courses

(6 Posts)
steffee Tue 09-Aug-05 23:04:16

Can anyone recommend a parenting course? Young children would be ideal, say 0-8 or something (my children under 5). I've found one which looks quite good but it's in a church, would that influence anything? I live in Coventry but would travel to Birmingham and surrounding areas, or do something online or by post/video etc.

Has anyone any experience of these?

christie1 Fri 12-Aug-05 00:23:18

Never taken one but I notice that local drop-in at parent resource centres I have been to over the years often have great parenting courses on offer for free. This is in london but when I was there went to the drop-in centre at corums fields and they had some great courses on nutrition, weaning etc. each week plus booksvideos you could borrow for free. You should check out your area, they must have something similar.

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 12-Aug-05 00:30:06

If it is in a church it may be a family caring trust course, which has a church background. If so the materials and videos used are a bit dated but if the person leading the course is good the course can still be valuable.

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 12-Aug-05 00:31:02

This is their website.

steffee Fri 12-Aug-05 20:09:43

Thanks, both of you. I have looked at the link and will look around drop-ins, libraries etc for courses mentioned.

loupylou Sat 13-Aug-05 15:39:00

Ask your HV or local sure start centre, also investigate the course that childminders have to do, it's only a few weeks but it's aimed at that age group

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now