Talk

Advanced search

Can't decide on ds's party (one year old)

(12 Posts)
dinny Tue 09-Aug-05 21:15:40

Should I even have one? For dd went mental and had two huge parties on a Sat and Sunday (her little friends and mums one day, then family and close friends the next) for about 30 people each day. BUT, I am far too jaded for such activity now .

What did you do for your 1 yo's birthday - need easy ideas.... Thanks.

spacecadet Tue 09-Aug-05 21:19:15

dd2 was one 3 weeks ago and did nothing on the day, then went up to my family's at the weekend and had a small family barbeque

gigglinggoblin Tue 09-Aug-05 21:24:47

how old is dd? she might expect a party! for ds3s bday we went out for lunch, took kids to butterfly house and then had all grandparents over for party tea (ie sandwiches and cake with a candle for older kids to blow out). was lovely, and very little effort

frannyf Tue 09-Aug-05 21:27:14

For my son's 1st birthday we went swimming with a few friends and their babies (I paid). Had lunch in the leisure centre cafe afterwards (those that wanted to). Was very relaxing for me and seemed to go down well with the other mums.

dinny Tue 09-Aug-05 21:38:51

dd is 3, Gigglinggoblin - and she has been banging on about parties a fair bit lately...she wants bananas, sausages and party drinks, apparently

dinny Tue 09-Aug-05 21:39:29

like the swimming idea, Franny. ds and dd would love it.

helsi Tue 09-Aug-05 21:40:58

for dd we had a small family gathering at home. just a small buffet and drins for aunts uncles and young cousins.

for her 2nd b-day we paid for her friends to go to a play centre.

WideWebWitch Tue 09-Aug-05 21:45:18

Baby # 1, party and stuff, baby # 2, we drank Champagne and thanked goodness the first year was over.

Tumblemum Tue 09-Aug-05 22:07:26

We had a little tea party with a few of his friends and their mummies and one dad, on his actual birthday which was a week day.

While he was having his lunch time sleep we blew up masses of balloons and he was overwhelmed with a combination of joy and astonishment when he saw them. Then his friends arrived and played and we sang happy birthday and all had a slice of cake and a cup of tea and it was perfect and very simple.

dinny Tue 09-Aug-05 22:21:04

thinking of Tumblemum's party with WWW's refreshments.....

frannyf Wed 10-Aug-05 12:25:32

I think the beauty of the swimming party was that it did not cost too much and there was no stress or mess to clear up! I paid for passes from the leisure centre to include with the invitations, and those who wanted to stay for some food afterwards just got their own. You could take a cake and candles for afterwards if your pool has a cafe.

Hope your son's day goes well.

highlander Wed 10-Aug-05 12:54:53

OMG dinny, are we approaching a year already?!

I don't know if I can be arsed throwing a party for DS. Then again, good excuse to break open the champers........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now