Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Babies first words?

(15 Posts)
shalaa Mon 08-Aug-05 19:48:12

Just wondering, when did your baby say there first word? When I say word I mean mama or dada or suchlike. DS 6mths has being saying what sounds like mamamama, am probably imagining it though!!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Mon 08-Aug-05 19:49:43

dada was first words about 9-10 months.... she is now 12 months and will come out with mummum occasionally and hiya a lot more frequently! if she doesnt like somethign she shakes her head a lot! HTH

mum2sam Mon 08-Aug-05 21:18:18

My ds started to say mamama around that age too but he always turns his lips inwards when he says it he looks so cute.Dh took him swimming the other day and I watched from the balcony and everytime ds looked at me I saw him mouth mamama hes 9.5mths now so maybe he actuatually knows thats me now! Hiya and yeah are another favourite but we havent had a dada yet.

nannyjo Mon 08-Aug-05 21:23:16

if you can hear mama then he is definitely saying it, that is good and well done to him , my DS said dada first and i was gutted but that is usually the first word cos it's easier to form apparently??

I love these first milestone they hit it's so much fun isn't it?

shhhh Tue 09-Aug-05 09:12:30

apparently (sadly for us mums!!) dada is usually one of the first words babis say. Usually because it's easier to say...welldone to those of you who's babies said mamama first..Hope our dd does .

Tommy Tue 09-Aug-05 09:18:10

IIRC, DS1's first word was "dog" and DS2's was "duck" - don't know what that says about our family

pablopatito Tue 09-Aug-05 10:19:34

At aged 8 weeks I wiped DS's chin and he said 'Mgoy' which is Cantonese for 'Thank you'. I was so impressed, not only can he speak, he can speak Chinese, and he's polite. He's never said it again though.

m

bobbybob Tue 09-Aug-05 10:20:47

"cack cack" for the noise a duck made at about 10 months.

mumfor1sttime Tue 09-Aug-05 10:46:34

My DS is 7 months and has just started to say da da and various other similar sounds. He said ma ma a couple of times,but has said more da da!!

Windermere Tue 09-Aug-05 10:57:29

At about 6.5 months ds starting saying dada and dad constantly and mummum when he wanted something

highlander Tue 09-Aug-05 15:19:30

mamamama at 8 months, closely followed by dada and..........teeth. Bizarre. Now 11mo, he says teeteeteet (tree), bah! when something is tasty and dooey (dog). he very occasionaly says yesh and hi.
Damn cute, isn't it!

Charlee Tue 09-Aug-05 15:20:35

DS is 11 months and has been saying muma and dada since he was about 8 months, he can now say nana, no, bag and ta.

shalaa Tue 09-Aug-05 15:27:17

am excited now! Tis quite possible that he is saying mamama

Spongebob Tue 09-Aug-05 15:38:41

Adda were my DS's first words. At 12 months Adda is now Daddy and I am Baarpuff!!

kid Tue 09-Aug-05 15:43:24

DS was about 5 1/2 months and he said Mama.

DD was later, around 8 months and she said Dada.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now