Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Question about washing boys bits........

(9 Posts)
HellyBelly Fri 05-Aug-05 21:41:29

I'm having a girlie night in and am a little drunk so please excuse any mistakes!

We're talking about whether or not you should pull back the foreskin when cleaning them (i.e. bath)??? Sorry but we're having an arguement about whether you should or not

RachD Fri 05-Aug-05 21:50:18

Good for you girl !
I am having a few drinkypoos aswell...although not drunk so I think I can type !!!

My ds is 18mts.
Have never pulled back foreskin, either for bath or nappy change- Health visitor said it was not necessary.

But that was just my HV, not sure what others think.

hunkermunker Fri 05-Aug-05 21:50:49

No, don't! You can do serious damage.

Alipiggie Fri 05-Aug-05 21:52:46

I've two ds's and don't pull it back. Was told never to do it as it shouldn't be necessary

MrsGordonRamsay Fri 05-Aug-05 21:52:51

Don't even go there

Who knows what damage you could cause.

BarefootMama Fri 05-Aug-05 21:53:37

My son has a problem with his ( poor lamb) and we have seen a consultant - they said NEVER pull it back It will do it itself naturally as the boy fiddles when he is older. it only needs to be retractable at 14/15!

spacecadet Fri 05-Aug-05 21:54:17

leave foreskin well alone, it doesnt need pulling back.

Nemo1977 Fri 05-Aug-05 21:56:39

you just dont do it..will retract naturally as boys get older

HellyBelly Fri 05-Aug-05 22:03:01

Thankyou thankyou thankyou, I soooo knew i was right but my mate said that she had a friend who had 1st ds who let her pull it back and then ds 2 wouldn't let her and had now been told it's too tight and he's needs to be circumsized.

Anyway, I'm reassured now and am going to tell her NOT TO EVER DO THIS!!!

thanks guys!!! I love mumsnet for quick responses!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: