Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else feel like the worst mum in the world?

(14 Posts)
daftlass Mon 01-Aug-05 15:32:57

I just feel as though I can't cope, my home is a complete tip, I don't love my DS enough, I'm completely exhausted and I'm just a terrible, terrible mum generally. Does anyone else ever get this feeling?

Listen to all that - what a whinge! Just wanted to get it off my chest. I would just like to have a break and not feel quite so tired all the time.

cadbury Mon 01-Aug-05 15:35:28

not on your own there. Can I add that I'm a dreadful housekeeper and wife, a lousy teacher and not a terribly good friend either.

Fran1 Mon 01-Aug-05 15:35:45

Of course you love your ds enough! if you didn't you would care enough to feel the way you're feeling!!

Chandra Mon 01-Aug-05 15:37:09

I'm feeling exactly the same just now... arghhh!

neednewpants Mon 01-Aug-05 15:39:19

me too me too.

i think all mums should have two weekends a year at a spa away from everyone. government initiative instead of tax credits!

cadbury Mon 01-Aug-05 15:40:49

Here here

daftlass Mon 01-Aug-05 15:40:54

I like your name cadbury...I am all of those things and more. Housekeeping, I hate that word!

I feel rotten cos he has just woken up and I'm thinking aaargh. There you go - I'm a horrible mother. I was agood mum I'd be thinking hooray, my little ray of sunshine is awake for fun amd playtime

Chandra Mon 01-Aug-05 15:51:48

I sometimes can't wait for the day to finish. DS is going through a bout of "hyperactivity" is leaving me exhausted. Besides he has become a bit clingy (what a bit, he is crying when I leave him at nursery), I feel so guilty but at the same time if I take him out of nursery I won't have enough time to do my work and I'm afraid I would feel more overwhelmed by him

jessicaandbumpsmummy Mon 01-Aug-05 15:54:00

im with you daftlass.... how much do i wish my little monster would go for a nap right now!!!

She is 1yr old and im 28 weeks pg and just cant cope! House isnt too bad because DH blitzed it yesterday, but I just cant be bothered! Jess is sat in front of cbeebies while i take some time out!

Aragon Mon 01-Aug-05 15:57:22

No - you're definitely not alone. House is often a tip. Friday night the dining room floor was covered with clean washing (where it had been for several days awaiting removal upstairs). Did I put it away? Did I heck - I made a tent for my toddler son and we "hid" underneath it.

What a nice Mummy I can hear you thinking.

No I am not. Yesterday while we were out I virtually threw him at DH as I could no longer stand the whining and tantrumming. Hubby told me off for having "no patience". Grrrrrr!

daftlass Mon 01-Aug-05 15:58:20

Tomorrow he is going to nursery after his 8 month check and I am thinking oh at least I will get get some time to myself..then of course I feel tremendously guilty...

I can't begin to imagine what it must be like having a hyperactive child, Chnadra, that must be really hard work. No wonder you need a break.

Aragon Mon 01-Aug-05 16:12:02

Everyone needs and deserves time off though. You can't do it all 24/7. Enjoy the time to yourself and remember that the rest will make you a happier Mummy at the end of the day.

Chandra Mon 01-Aug-05 16:12:59

Aerm..., no, he only seems to be a bit over active from time to time, but he is not hyperactive in the clinical sense. But still, it has his times!!!

I'm embarrased now

daftlass Mon 01-Aug-05 16:38:38

Don't be embarrased Chandra! I have one 8 month old and listen to me complain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now